Thread: carb jetting- help please

swinger
    anyone have an idea on rochester quadrajet jetting? I just changed my 84 260 hp mercruiser to a vortec by changing to vortec heads and installing a edelbrock vortec performer intake and a 113941 crane marine cam . With this I have gained 10 MPH . The only problem is I have a momentary flatspot at takeoff. I did not have this before the new changes. I'm assuming the extra power that the engine can produce requires more fuel? Any Sugestions?

Infomaniac
    The only problem you have is need of more accelerator pump. Do not change the jetting for this !! Make sure yours is actually working first.
    I need to look at a q-jet to see exactly how to do it. My first thought is drill the discharge holes a little bigger.
    Anyone else know how to make a q-jet squirt more?

There is some adjustment in acc. pump arm ratio that can be changed. If I remember correctly there should be 3 holes for the pump arm pivot.

swinger
    Thanks , I'll try to give it more stroke, but i'm not too sure about drilling out the discharge nozzles. If all else fails maybe a marine holley 750 vacuum secondary?