Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long can you park and RV on the street in front of you house?

a catered life
    my neighbor sits on the street for weeks unmoved weird but when we bought our boat last year i left it on the street and got a ticket in one day :yuk:

Quality Time
    Each jursidiction is different. The norm is 72 hours. Some Cities don't allow them at all. An unhooked trailer left within public R/W is governed by the CVC if I'm not mistaken.

hot_diggity_dog
    My 5th wheel is in front of my new house. Its been there since saterday. Today someone stopped and yelled at the workers telling them they needed to move it..
    How long do I have to move it around. I was going to work on it this weekend and then take it to storage..
    I dont need a ticket or issues with the neigbors.
    Bill it looks like 72 hours, this is Poway's code.
    10.28.130 Use of streets for storage of vehicles prohibited.
    A. No person who owns or has possession, custody or control of any vehicle shall park such vehicle upon any street or alley for more than a consecutive period of 72 hours.
    B. In the event a vehicle is parked or left standing upon a street in excess of a consecutive period of 72 hours, the Chief of Police or any member of the Highway Patrol of the State may remove said vehicle from the street in the manner and subject to the requirements of Sections 22651 and 22652 of the Vehicle Code. (Ord. 29 § 1, 1981; CC § 72.122)
    10.28.170 Parking or standing of commercial vehicles.
    A. At all areas within the City the parking or standing of commercial vehicles is prohibited if said vehicle is one or more of the following:
    1. A vehicle with a manufacturer’s gross weight rating of 10,000 pounds or more;
    2. A “truck tractor” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 655;
    3. A “semitrailer” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 550;
    4. A “trailer” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 630.
    B. This chapter shall not apply under the following conditions:
    1. When such vehicle is loading or unloading property;
    2. When such vehicle is parked in connection with and in aid of the performance of a service to or on a property;
    3. When such vehicle is engaged in the construction, installation, repair or maintenance of a publicly or privately owned improvement located on the property;
    4. When the registered owner of said vehicle is the owner in fee of the property on which said vehicle is parking or standing and said parking or standing does not violate any other zoning or regulatory ordinance of the City;
    5. When the City Council has determined by resolution that the parking of such vehicles on certain streets or properties shall be permitted. (Ord. 75 § 1, 1982; Ord. 29 § 1, 1981; CC § 72.126)
    HDD

Throttle
    a day...

LAFD
    72 hours and i beleive when you move it, it has to clear a lighted intersection or just an intersection not sure which one or were i heard that.

WetWillie
    Its hooked to my truck and has been all week.
    I will move it tommorow! I just wanted some firepower for this Ahole when he stops by to talk crap!
    Bill it looks like 72 hours, this is Poway's code.
    10.28.130 Use of streets for storage of vehicles prohibited.
    A. No person who owns or has possession, custody or control of any vehicle shall park such vehicle upon any street or alley for more than a consecutive period of 72 hours.
    B. In the event a vehicle is parked or left standing upon a street in excess of a consecutive period of 72 hours, the Chief of Police or any member of the Highway Patrol of the State may remove said vehicle from the street in the manner and subject to the requirements of Sections 22651 and 22652 of the Vehicle Code. (Ord. 29 § 1, 1981; CC § 72.122)
    10.28.170 Parking or standing of commercial vehicles.
    A. At all areas within the City the parking or standing of commercial vehicles is prohibited if said vehicle is one or more of the following:
    1. A vehicle with a manufacturer’s gross weight rating of 10,000 pounds or more;
    2. A “truck tractor” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 655;
    3. A “semitrailer” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 550;
    4. A “trailer” as defined in California Vehicle Code Section 630.
    B. This chapter shall not apply under the following conditions:
    1. When such vehicle is loading or unloading property;
    2. When such vehicle is parked in connection with and in aid of the performance of a service to or on a property;
    3. When such vehicle is engaged in the construction, installation, repair or maintenance of a publicly or privately owned improvement located on the property;
    4. When the registered owner of said vehicle is the owner in fee of the property on which said vehicle is parking or standing and said parking or standing does not violate any other zoning or regulatory ordinance of the City;
    5. When the City Council has determined by resolution that the parking of such vehicles on certain streets or properties shall be permitted. (Ord. 75 § 1, 1982; Ord. 29 § 1, 1981; CC § 72.126)
    HDD

PHOTOGLOU
    Jay,
    I live in HB and have parked mine there for days at a time. Also, I keep mine on the side of my house. Where in HB are you that you cant park it? Are you neighbors that bad?
    I'm S/Yorktown and W/Bushard, Huntington Beach just got real strick on this AND yes it would take a neighbor to call I live down the street from one of the BIG real estate agents for the Glen Mar track So I think he likes to keep his street IN LINE... As far as parking on the side of the house it will fit but then I cant get in or out of it except for the back of the boat.....Law changed in HB in Jan 05

PBOCOP
    Pomona you can't have any detached trailers on the street. You'll get a ticket. Normal vehicles can't be parked for more than 72 hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12