Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 502 EFI rebuild project

Beer-30
    Very nice!
    Did you have to reprogram the computer for the headers?
    Mike
    For the headers?
    How about for the cam, huge valves, and taller compression - before the headers even came into play.
    He will confirm, but I believe he went with the Tyler Crockett ECM recal., or had it done somewhere else? Kev?

Sun burners
    What kind of cost is the reprogram?
    Just curious
    Mike

Beer-30
    What kind of cost is the reprogram?
    Just curious
    Mike
    AZ Speed and Marine does it, if you were interested in just the ECU programming:
    http://www.azspeed.com/peecuca.html
    He may have got an exchange ECU from Tyler Crockett. This is basically what he did on this rebuild:
    http://www.crockettmarineengines.com/products.html

kevnmcd
    Very nice!
    Did you have to reprogram the computer for the headers?
    Mike
    I had to reprogram the ECU for the whole setup, not just for the headers.

kevnmcd
    For the headers?
    How about for the cam, huge valves, and taller compression - before the headers even came into play.
    He will confirm, but I believe he went with the Tyler Crockett ECM recal., or had it done somewhere else? Kev?
    Tyler Crockett reprogrammed mine for me to work with his kit. The price is on his website...about $350, I think.

Beer-30
    Have you started pricing outdrives?
    LOL.

kevnmcd
    Have you started pricing outdrives?
    LOL.
    Not funny! I will be as easy as possible on the sticks, so we shall see. Hoping for the best.

BadKachina
    I use AZSM for my ecu's. On my boat I welded a bung in my header for an o2 sensor and had them run it live on the water. They can set it all up right there on the laptop, I don't see how you just mail in a ecu to someone and have them put a program in it, unless it's bone stock from the factory.

kevnmcd
    I use AZSM for my ecu's. On my boat I welded a bung in my header for an o2 sensor and had them run it live on the water. They can set it all up right there on the laptop, I don't see how you just mail in a ecu to someone and have them put a program in it, unless it's bone stock from the factory.
    BK - The reason I was able to mail my ECU to Crockett and have him program it for me was that I used his whole upgrade kit. He has done numerous upgrades with this kit and been able to dial the program in based on these previous rebuilds. I agree with you that doing it your way would dial it in perfect but for now this will get me very close to being dialed in. I can always make adjustments down the road to get that last couple of ponies out of it.

djunkie
    BK - The reason I was able to mail my ECU to Crockett and have him program it for me was that I used his whole upgrade kit. He has done numerous upgrades with this kit and been able to dial the program in based on these previous rebuilds. I agree with you that doing it your way would dial it in perfect but for now this will get me very close to being dialed in. I can always make adjustments down the road to get that last couple of ponies out of it.
    Have you taken her out yet?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast