Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

Nord
    This is the official thread for not only "new boaters" but the "pro" or "I've been doing this sh*t since I was knee high to a grasshopper" boaters as well.
    How many of us frequent boaters have pulled a bonehead move with their boat from the time it leaves the garage, storage, etc. to the launch ramp, or out on the water???
    I know I have....I'll give a few to start......
    I've launched my boat without a drain plug. Didn't realize it untill the ass end was so low that I just about crapped myself. Thank god I was still idleing by the ramp. The water cut the engine out and I had to swim my ride back to the trailer to get it out!!! Doh!!!!
    I also have Launched my boat with the tie downs attached!! I couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't move off of the trailer??? Pulled the boat back out...........low and behold......another bonehead move!!!
    ANYONE...........ANYONE...............???

SummitKarl
    I know someone that towed their boat all the way to Havasu, when they got here they realized they forgot all of their boats seat cushions :rollside:

kevnmcd
    I've launched my boat without a drain plug. Didn't realize it untill the ass end was so low that I just about crapped myself. Thank god I was still idleing by the ramp. The water cut the engine out and I had to swim my ride back to the trailer to get it out!!! Doh!!!!
    I have done this before....actually, twice! :hammerhea

syke-o
    last summer at naciemento i left the straps on... i was thinking why the hell wont this thing back up.... total bone head move!!

HavaSkank
    I love launching my pontoon and while floating 100 yards from the ramp I like to get a panicked look on my face and scream to my friends, "HOLY SHIT, I FORGOT THE PLUG!" Everyone jumps to their feet, as if we're on the freakin' Titanic or something.
    When I start laughing and pointing at their dumbasses I get pummeled with beer bottles.
    Maybe I need new friends

ANXIETY ATTACK
    You know,,,,,,the 496 HOs have this neet auto water drain system for draining the raw water coolers, well if you forget to pull the release rings water comes in the boat and engines overheat. and buzzers go off and computers shut down engines and people are screaming and yelling WHAT THE F_ _ _ K is gooooing onnnn ! And no you can't ask me how I know this.

Nord
    You know,,,,,,the 496 HOs have this neet auto water drain system for draining the raw water coolers, well if you forget to pull the release rings water comes in the boat and engines overheat. and buzzers go off and computers shut down engines and people are screaming and yelling WHAT THE F_ _ _ K is gooooing onnnn ! And no you can't ask me how I know this.
    LMAO!!! :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    We have launched without the plugs several times. :220v: One time we launched in Parker and were thinking "geez, its taking forever for the boat to get on plane and its riding like a pig" that second my husband realized all three plugs were sitting in the truck so he hauls ass back to the launch ramp, practically throws me overboard with the keys to the truck. He did speed runs back and forth to make it didn't sink while I was backing down the trailer. I swear our boat sat on the trailer draining for 30 minutes solid. :boxed:
    Then one time we were driving home and when we stopped for gas, I went into the boat for something and I guess I didn't put the cushion back right cuz when we got home, we were missing a seat cushion. :cry:

I've launched my boat without a drain plug. Didn't realize it untill the ass end was so low that I just about crapped myself.
    I have done the same. My sister in-law had to stick her big toes in the hole to slow down the flooding while I ran my arse back to the truck for a plug.

Howie Feltersnatch
    Backed over the anchor & wrapped it around the drive shaft real good - till it broke! (inboard).
    Was cruising in our ski boat with 4 peeps on board - 2 in bow, me driving & 1 observer. I slowed down too fast & with all the weight toward the front of the boat, the nose dipped & went under the water. I was busy looking ahead as we were coming up on a bunch of other boats & didn't see what was happening until I heard all the screaming from the front of the boat. I put it in reverse & pulled the nose out & then hit it to push it up again. Took the bilge about an hour to pump out. We can laugh about it now but we all thought we were gonna sink (including me)...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast