Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

XtrmWakeborder
    Twice with the plug also. Sometimes i'm just too excited to get on the water and i forget. No big deal just start the bilge, and have someone get the trailer. Once i just cut the engine and jumped in and put it in.

LHC30Victory
    I have to admit I made a bonehead move twice now....
    I BOUGHT a boat

maxwedge

a catered life
    This is the official thread for not only "new boaters" but the "pro" or "I've been doing this sh*t since I was knee high to a grasshopper" boaters as well.
    How many of us frequent boaters have pulled a bonehead move with their boat from the time it leaves the garage, storage, etc. to the launch ramp, or out on the water???
    I know I have....I'll give a few to start......
    I've launched my boat without a drain plug. Didn't realize it untill the ass end was so low that I just about crapped myself. Thank god I was still idleing by the ramp. The water cut the engine out and I had to swim my ride back to the trailer to get it out!!! Doh!!!!
    I also have Launched my boat with the tie downs attached!! I couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't move off of the trailer??? Pulled the boat back out...........low and behold......another bonehead move!!!
    ANYONE...........ANYONE...............???
    well since were being honest i did the tie down thing in april i havent launched since last sept and forgot the dam things were even there

a catered life
    I have done the same. My sister in-law had to stick her big toes in the hole to slow down the flooding while I ran my arse back to the truck for a plug.
    yes the ooolllldddddd toe in the hole trick gets them everytime

John.
    1st bonehead move:
    I forgot to raise the outdrive once on our last boat. pulled out of the water and heard some scraping. crappy my pants and found that I nicked about a half inch off the tip of the scag.
    i'll never do that one again. Thank god the trailer for this Cat has the drive well out of the water.
    2nd bonehead move:
    I swear that my wife did this and it wasn't me...My wife usually back the truck & trailer down to the water and I launch the boat...yes, I'm lucky with a wife who can back a trailer. Anyways, the first time we switched duties and she pulled the boat off the trailer, she spun the boat right around at the launch ramp and ran the brand new prop into the concrete. Ouch!

Chubby4Life
    As a child I loved the way boats sound. I used to go out and fire up the old mans boat every so often, just to hear it. My dad couldn't figure out why he kept burning up the drive impellers! Years later, I explained to dad why he had to replace 2-3 per year.

a catered life
    i forgot my other bonehead move i joined this place looking for serious advise

MR HARLEY
    Im here to confess:
    1.Could'nt anchor my boat for about 25 minutes, kept driving in circles and had to have Kilr finally show me the way.
    2.Have a hard time getting the boat straight on the trailer when bringing her in, and Im actually sober through all of this. :argue:
    3.Hit a curb 2 weekends ago pulling the trailer and bent one of the rims on the trailer.
    3.Im learning though.............. so please if you see me stay away for fear I may do something stupid
    4.Im just being honest

Say10
    I love to hear these stories...I had my boat in a slip at the lake so I could get some work done on the trailer. So I leave work early one day and think i am going to get in a early evening run. Get there and no boat keys. Pissed, so I start just poping key from my key ring into it and low and behold the mailbox key cranks her up. Thank you boat gods...By the way I own atleast 6 plugs and will most likly own a few more after this season..... :rollside:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast