Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

WYRD
    a few years ago I just bought my first box anchor, never used one before, went to copper canyon and attached it to my rope with a climbers quick clip. When the anchor hit the canyon floor the clip broke free and the rope came up empty handed..........................boat load of hot chick seen the whole thing too..............I felt like a fawkin idiot and with no back up anchor I had to leave... :rollside:
    WYRD

WYRD
    i forgot my other bonehead move i joined this place looking for serious advise
    dito

ADDICTED
    Another boat plug story.
    I was at the nautical early march. Had a rough night before and for some reason decided to make sure we were on the water at 9:00AM. So we launch the baot and I am cruising over to the cove. I pull up and turn the raio on and decide to open the hatch. To my amazment there is water at my valve covers. :cry:
    I imediately grab plugs and jump into the water in the middle of march hung over and put the plugs in. No more hang over after this.
    I turn my pumps on and come to find out only one bilge works. I run over to the launch ramp while the blower pullys are slinging water like a kid with a super soaker and put it on the trailer. For the 1.5 hours it drained we had the security gaurd laughing at us giving us shit.
    One more bone head stunt.
    Threw the anchor in the water with two short of rope!

H20 Toie
    a few years ago I just bought my first box anchor, never used one before, went to copper canyon and attached it to my rope with a climbers quick clip. When the anchor hit the canyon floor the clip broke free and the rope came up empty handed..........................boat load of hot chick seen the whole thing too..............I felt like a fawkin idiot and with no back up anchor I had to leave... :rollside:
    WYRD
    So if i bring my dive gear i can get a new box anchor.

CHEETAH24
    A) couldn't seem to get my outdrive to lower,checked fluid ok,made noise,hmmm...oh yeah trailering clips..duh
    B) plug still attached to boat..but not screwd on..
    C) then scrapped outdrive on the way up the ramp.
    I think it was fun that day

Nord
    Im here to confess:
    1.Could'nt anchor my boat for about 25 minutes, kept driving in circles and had to have Kilr finally show me the way.
    2.Have a hard time getting the boat straight on the trailer when bringing her in, and Im actually sober through all of this. :argue:
    3.Hit a curb 2 weekends ago pulling the trailer and bent one of the rims on the trailer.
    3.Im learning though.............. so please if you see me stay away for fear I may do something stupid
    4.Im just being honest
    I'm guilty of #2 as well, unless I dry bunk, which is bad on the trailer!!!

soupersonic
    WYRD
    I did the same thing,except it wasnt a $150 anchor,it was one of those bell anchors.About $20 i guess. Also the very first time i went to the lake in my very own boat about 15 years ago it went like this..
    Back boat in
    Oh sh*t the plug
    Pull boat out, put plug in
    Back boat in
    Oh sh*t the straps
    Pull boat out, remove straps
    back boat in and away we go
    The third time was a charm i guess because i havent done it since

CARLSON-JET
    Friday night I disconnect water feed from pump. Remove bad elec. fuel pump and intstall new fuel pump. Triple check all fuel lines. Saturday,drive 2 hours to lake winnebago. Launch boat, put-put through no wake zone, get to open water. Goose it a few times for about 5 seconds, re-check all fuel lines.
    Smiling at my handiwork, I goose it for about 1 minute. let off... A sudden surge of water is at the loud pedal, hmmmm. "where is this comming from" I think to myself..
    Tell G.F. to "man the life vests.. we're taking on water". G.F. starts asking which vest is for her. (all vests are the same) I yell "pick one" while opening the hatch. notice a very large amount of H20 in bilge and alternater is flinging water everywhere. Discover disconnected water line.
    G.F. keeps yelling "What life preserver do I use".. Me being the inconsiderate ass that I am continue to take care of the real problem at hand.. incomming water. G.F. continues her quest for which L.P. to use. I yell "hit the bilge pump hit the bilgepump" and " kill the motor kill the motor" in one panicked drawn out sentence. She doesn't respond with anything concerning the bilge nor the ignition but persists with "Which life vest." I leap to the helm mumbling disgust and flick switches. One heart beat later I leap back to the hose at hand and finish with the clamp. What was the lesson I learned that day....
    assign life vests.. it saves an arguement... :argue: ... R.B.

HavaSkank
    You need a slightly less-retarded girlfriend

Ultra5150
    It was my first trip to Havasu in our new (used Ultra 21LX). I had only test driven it before at Puddingstone, first time driving it on my own. It's 10am on Saturday. Perfect launch at the Islander. With my wife, daughter, and two friends in the boat as we head on out to the channel.
    This is the first or second weekend in April, I didnt realize that the big poker run is going on that weekend. As we are driving through the bay to the channel, the flag drops..... It seemed like we had 200 boats all heading at us at full speed, I immediatley try to hug the shore and end up breaking two inches of skeg off and dinging up the prop on my maiden voyage. We got slammed the entire weekend by the big wakes that the big boys were making and because of my lack of driving know how. Needless to say those two friends havent been back to Havasu with us since.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast