Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

WaTchTheGelCoat
    You need a slightly less-retarded girlfriend
    LMFAO!

vegasriverjunkie
    Done the plug thing a couple of times also. I also lost an anchor at a cove in Mead. My buddy grabs the anchor out with all the rope and hands me a rope end. He then throws the anchor out while I'm holding to one end of the rope. Needless to say I wasn't holding the rope that was tied to the anchor, just another rope line. :rollside:

In2Deep
    A trip last season.
    Have a perfect spot at the Nautical cove.
    EZ Up, chairs, cooler, boat beached right there. Perfect.
    Did some celebrating Saturday night, so feeling a bit fuzzy Sunday morning.
    Pile the wife and kids into the boat for a jaunt down to the Springs for brunch. Water's up, so backing off the beach should be EZ.
    Fire it up, put in reverse, give it a goose on the gas....we don't move.
    A bit more on the gas...we don't move.
    .....the 10 spectators having coffee on the grass above my spot yell over..
    "might help if you untied from the sand spike"....just as I manage to yank it from it's set...and it drags into the water attached to the bow line.
    Yup....I'm a professional.
    DOH!

all charged up
    Ok I did this yesterday. Took kids to Pleasant gonna goof off on the lake for a while. Got gas before we left and forgot to put the starboard gas cap on. Keep forgetting to fix the chain. Get to humbug floating before I realize I lost the damn cap. Looked through the boat for a while and discovered the large Arizona ice tea bottle is the perfect size to fit in the hole and actually screws in tight. Didn't lose any fuel and kept the water out but looked real gomer.

Nord
    Done the plug thing a couple of times also. I also lost an anchor at a cove in Mead. My buddy grabs the anchor out with all the rope and hands me a rope end. He then throws the anchor out while I'm holding to one end of the rope. Needless to say I wasn't holding the rope that was tied to the anchor, just another rope line. :rollside:
    nice!!!! lol

ahhell
    Thank God Im not the only dummmass to launch w/o the plug...launched at Moabi last summer, just me and my 14 y/o...cruized out that long ass channel, hit the water and hit it...nothing. Im thinking I got air in the bell AGAIN, opened the hatch and water is spraying everywhere...just then the light came on, the boy grabs the plug...I keep many in the glove box...hops in the water, goes under and puts in the plug....I am soooo glad I put in the auto-bildge pump. At least the motor got cleaned
    Thanks to Debbolas for not spilling the beans earlier.... :crossx:

bocco
    Isn't it amazing that it takes 3 times as long to drain a boat than it does to fill it.

W.O.T
    :rollside:
    ive pulled out of the gas station with the boat on the way to the river not paying attention, talking with my friends and didnt swing wide enough. smacked one of those steel yellow poles protecting the pumps. bent the crap out of the trailer fender and bent the trailer frame pretty good
    another time i was dumping five gallons of gas into the boat with my dump can and the rubber hose came off the end went into the gas tank and spilled gas all over the boat! the hose is still in the tank today.

purrfecttremor
    10 years ago some friends launched their new sea doos along with my jet boat at topock.We drove all the way through the channel never stopping until we got to the marina to gas up the sea doos.As we we sat in the boat waiting my youngest son asks me why one is sitting lower than the other and yes one was without a plug and was almost under water! Doa !!!! Had to make a plug out of a stick. LOL

WYRD
    :rollside:
    ive pulled out of the gas station with the boat on the way to the river not paying attention, talking with my friends and didnt swing wide enough. smacked one of those steel yellow poles protecting the pumps. bent the crap out of the trailer fender and bent the trailer frame pretty good
    another time i was dumping five gallons of gas into the boat with my dump can and the rubber hose came off the end went into the gas tank and spilled gas all over the boat! the hose is still in the tank today.
    I did something simillar with my old Jet boat, had saddle tanks pulled in the gas station, stuck in the nossel, started pumping and left it unattended to go into the store, came out and someone next to me shut the pump off...................but not before pumping at least 7 or 8 gallons all over the gel coat and the parking lot :crossx: :rollside: live and learn I guess :idea: poor gas station attendant had to spread kitty litter all over the ground, shut down their island for a couple hours, and my gel ended up bubbling :boxed: :cry:

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast