Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

Jordy
    Looked through the boat for a while and discovered the large Arizona ice tea bottle is the perfect size to fit in the hole and actually screws in tight. Didn't lose any fuel and kept the water out but looked real gomer.
    I wondered what the story was with that. Didn't know it was an ice tea bottle. Looked like an empty bottle of Beam or something comprable.

Silver
    Nord, is being a bonehead part of your 99 problems?

HM
    This one time, at boat camp.....

Nord
    Nord, is being a bonehead part of your 99 problems?
    Only a problem that arrives once in a great while and is temporary.......

boater012
    Ok so Here I am mister prepared for anything, been on the water my whole life, raised on a boat, aways called in to rescue the other guy, mr reliable, always knows where hes going. has everything figured, carries a spare everything,. OK so now you knwo the type of person I am. Well two years ago me and a group of my buddies decided to go to havasu for memorial weekend. we start out late on a thursday morning and head for the river. I missed the freeway I was told to take.
    So everyone wakes up 2 hours later and asks "where the hell are we??" i tell them we are on the way. So rather than turn back we head for the back way into havi where you drive past the dam???? So they all tell me where to turn off and doze off again. well lo and behold I passed that one too. At this point I realize we need fuel. So I turn around and backtrack 35 miles to the turn off. We get to the turnoff and the gas station that I remeber from 3 years before isn't open anymore.
    So sure enough I run out of gas in my expedition. I end up pumping fuel into a glass jar out of the boat gas tank. So we dump what we think is about 2 gallons of fuel into my truck and head out again. we get about half way there and run out of fuel again. we transfer more fuel and all the while most of us are laughing at my bonehead move!!! But GQCHRIS from the boards hes on the trip with us and he is pissed we met a few years back and hes pissed because im mr prepared got it all under control. hes so pissed he won't even help me transfer the fuel top the truck.
    We get less than a mile from the little gas station on the left hand side of the road and run out yet again. transfer more fuel and coast into the gas station where the truck dies again. well the station was so busy that we had to wait. whataya know we had to transfer more fuel to get into the pump. I was laughing my arse off. its the funniest thing id ever done. the other guys were good spirited about it but chris was still pissed about it!!!!

boater012
    So a friend of mine that I dont talk to much anymore has owned a dodge DIESEL for 3 years now. He pulls in an fills her up with GAS one night on his way home from work (3 years into owning the truck). GUESS who he called to go rescue him???? someone else was already on there way but We had a good laugh about it. He ended up having to pump all the GAS out of the tank right there on the side of the road. I laughed my ass of at him over this for as long as ic an remeber and its still funny to this day!!!

Havasu Hangin'
    I was in my buddies boat one time in Copper Canyon. We proceed to untie from our neighbors, and head back to the channel.
    As we are leaving, my buddy has to work though a maze of boats floating. Well, he proceeds to nail one dead on. No damage, but we damn near throw blows with the owner. After that, my buddy proceeds to hit a second boat. Now I'm thinking, "what the hell is wrong with these damn jet boats? They don't steer well at slow speeds, or did my buddy take a bunch of mushrooms behind my back?"
    We clear the buoy line, and proceed to get on plane. At about 40MPH, I looked back and saw the problem.
    Our anchor was skiing 100' behind us. :notam:

Chubby4Life
    So a friend of mine that I dont talk to much anymore has owned a dodge DIESEL for 3 years now. He pulls in an fills her up with GAS one night on his way home from work (3 years into owning the truck). GUESS who he called to go rescue him???? someone else was already on there way but We had a good laugh about it. He ended up having to pump all the GAS out of the tank right there on the side of the road. I laughed my ass of at him over this for as long as ic an remeber and its still funny to this day!!!
    Been there too! I pulled up to my usual 91 pump at CFN, except this time I was in a deisel. I didn't realize it untill just before I went to turn the key. I was too afraid to start the truck with 38 gals. of premium, so I called my bro-in-law and he brought a 55 Gal. drum and away we pumped right there at the island.

Nord
    Another incident was when I was pulling up to the Sandbar in LH.........This one was only 50% my fault...........here is what went down.
    I pulled into the backside of the sandbar to stay off the main drag and found a spot between a couple waverunners and a bayliner.
    While pulling up......one of the waverunners starts booking it towards the boat sideways (it was anchored nobody on it) and hits my swimstep pretty hard. I had caught their anchor line but........................their anchor line was like 25 feet long and unmarked!!!! Needless to say, I still looked like a farmer out there and had to appologize. No damage, but still caught shit all day!

Say10
    I was in my buddies boat one time in Copper Canyon. We proceed to untie from our neighbors, and head back to the channel.
    As we are leaving, my buddy has to work though a maze of boats floating. Well, he proceeds to nail one dead on. No damage, but we damn near throw blows with the owner. After that, my buddy proceeds to hit a second boat. Now I'm thinking, "what the hell is wrong with these damn jet boats? They don't steer well at slow speeds, or did my buddy take a bunch of mushrooms behind my back?"
    We clear the buoy line, and proceed to get on plane. At about 40MPH, I looked back and saw the problem.
    Our anchor was skiing 100' behind us. :notam:
    If that is true that is the best.. I hope you remind him any time you get...