Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Ever pulled a bonehead................

one of many,staying at red rock forgot anchor get bright idea to put rocks in hefty bag and tie it to a rope.worked good for 2 nights woke up monday morning with the truck backed up to the waters edge(sleeping in the bed) to look out and see no boat.i shit my pants but my irish luck is with me the edddie at foxes pushed my boat up river and it was sitting on the beach. anywhere is it is gone way down river,put it on the trailer and headed home hung 6 in the morning.

Nord
    one of many,staying at red rock forgot anchor get bright idea to put rocks in hefty bag and tie it to a rope.worked good for 2 nights woke up monday morning with the truck backed up to the waters edge(sleeping in the bed) to look out and see no boat.i shit my pants but my irish luck is with me the edddie at foxes pushed my boat up river and it was sitting on the beach. anywhere is it is gone way down river,put it on the trailer and headed home hung 6 in the morning.
    HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously, you are sooooooooooooooooo lucky!!!

rmarion
    Houseboating for 30 years....
    Last night at Lake Mead, tie up ski boat, pull lake lice up on shore lightly (nice secluded cove) wake up, no lake lice, found a few coves around corner.
    Two years later, same thing, but this time boat is missing......around cove floating in the middle of the lake..... :rollside:
    while trying to load our 23' daycruiser, wind blowing like M/F er, waves crushing in, no winch w/ trailer, just lock bar, we looked like the 3 stooges yelling at each other trying to get the boat on the trailer.... 25 yrs later, new Tige, Corona Watersports offer a new boater initiation, shssh 30 yrs I now it all, they show me how to drive the boat onto the trailer, NICE!!!!! just goes to show, even old geezers can learn something new.........

kingLHC
    I've launched my boat without a drain plug. Didn't realize it untill the ass end was so low that I just about crapped myself. Thank god I was still idleing by the ramp. The water cut the engine out and I had to swim my ride back to the trailer to get it out!!! Doh!!!!
    I also have Launched my boat with the tie downs attached!! I couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't move off of the trailer??? Pulled the boat back out...........low and behold......another bonehead move!!!
    ANYONE...........ANYONE...............???
    I've done both of those, unfortunately, not at the same time.
    When I left the straps on and realized it, I pulled all the way to the overflow parking to remove them.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789