Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID this bubbledeck?

MikeyFIN
    Says Hollywood on the side as a brand if memory serves correct.
    Looks familiar maybe a Rogers but bottom is different?
    Was bought from CA in 1988 and had AZ 5545 AG as license supposedly have been dragged sometime and "offcourse" stated to run 96+mph
    Other data 460 BBF with 429 S/CJ heads Weiand Tunnel-Ram with twin 660Holleys and A Berkeley 12WJ
    Bubbledeck (http://public.fotki.com/MickeyFIN/bo...hon_jetti.html)

cyclone
    Hondo or cole?

daddy b
    That has the hondo pantera bottom, and bubble deck top from a v drive. That looks identical to my 78 Centurian, note how narrow in the back, motor barely fits. People always think it's a flatty on the lake. These are medium to light layups, fast fun boats, you can't turn them but they are great!!! 96 mph, not without high compression, and nitrous! Floor needs to come out.
    I'm pretty sure that's the same hull, daddy b :rollside:

maxwedge
    oops. so much for the posting help :hammer2:

BrendellaJet
    Looks like a Hondo or a copy of one. My Brendella(same owner as Hondo) looks identical. Supposedly good to well over a hundred mph with a decent bottom.

It's a Beachcomber 18, Jetboats across the pond, too cool. Ya think the chicks dig them over there too!
    Sleek

MikeyFIN
    Now the red/white one is a Beachcomber 18, but the blue one is a ?
    I´m towards Centurion (Cenutrion Hollywood ? as a model) but what bothers me is that the bottom is different than a Rogers and otherwise it looks identical.
    Yes it´s small and I´m 5,9 at 185 lbs and barely to of my sizes can get their butts in the rear seat. You really feel cramped there.
    It´s max 18ft long and well the speed quote you have to assume it´s not that dependable.
    What it has is a 11,5 Compression a 290 degree mechanical cam and CJ really big port heads plus that you see.
    And yes Chicks love em here too....myself got a Sleekcraft 21 Exec.jr in the process.
    Had a 454 LS5 from a 72 Corvette in it with the logs you see on the Beachcomber in the link.
    Bought new Hooker stainless jet-headers thrutransoms but is going to change the engine fora Twin Turbo SBC so I can get a closed engine compartment.
    Maybe the blue one will be mine with a Blown 454 just for looks...or then it´ll sink with it...
    Was looking into a bigger boat (38 Scarab/39 Cig) but wife and bank thought otherwise so now I´m free to scare others while killing myself with a jetboat in the Baltic sea..
    Any pics of similar boats?
    And what is that twisted bottom called...yes it´s a wicked ride in the turns. :rollside:
    DaDDY WHAT DO YA MEAN THE BOTTOM HAS TO GO ??? ON YOUR BOAT OR GENERAL AND WHY?

LakesOnly
    Can you get the hull identification number off the back of the boat? That will tell you who the manufacturer is...the first 3 characters indicate manufacturer.
    http://images12.fotki.com/v254/free/...nJetti1-vi.jpg
    A friend of mine as an identical looking boat. Baby blue, bubble deck, hull bottom looks the same and has a really tight engine bay. Ford engine. The boat is a Can-Am, and the mold was purchased by Can-Am from Hondo. I think Can-Am made a slight difference to the bottom of the boat...his rides on a delta pad.
    Get those hull ID numbers. They are usually on the outside rear/stern of the hull, along the starboard side. Also should be on the paperwork, if you have any.
    LO
    LO

BrendellaJet
    Definitely not a Rogers. Deck is similar, but if you compared mt boat to a rogers up close you would tell the difference immediately. Rogers is wider in the mid section. Can you get the HIN # off it? that would settle it.
    And A Berk 12WJ? Dont think that pump exists...Jacuzzi makes a WJ, not berk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast