Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carpet

NautiII
    I am putting new carpet in my 72 Kona. is this a pain in the rear? any ideas what brand, or a good technique to use?

I am putting new carpet in my 72 Kona. is this a pain in the rear? any ideas what brand, or a good technique to use?
    Does ur Kona have double stringers or a flat floor??...i have a '73 Kona with double stringers & altho it was a little time consuming, it wasnt that bad to do...i used a good grade of in-door/out-door carpet, that i got from a hardware store, makeing sure that it was wide enough & long enough to cover what i wanted...i used contact cement to stick it to the floor
    fastrat

Tittie Chaser
    http://www.liquidnails.com/BlobServl...=1134148005485
    Ultra Duty Poly (LN-950)
    A polyurethane adhesive with excellent weather resistance and low-temperature flexibility for a strong bond indoors and outdoors. Works on a wide range of materials and surfaces.
    Key Features:
    Permanent, waterproof bond
    All-weather formula
    Specifications: Exceeds ASTM C-557
    Max VOC: 375 GPL

Heatseeker
    Doing the carpet in my boat was the biggest pain in the arse of the whole build! 9 hours on your hands and knees is in no way fun!!!
    I got the carpet online from boatcarpet.com (www.boatcarpet.com/).
    Edit: Also, I used marine carpet adhesive(available at West Marine). I didn't want to take a chance of having to do the job again.

FLEA DIDDY
    I've done it 2 times, It's ez if you grab a case of beer and take your time. I bought my carpet from lowe's home improvement. They sell oem carpet and a thicker marine carpet. I used the thicker and it still had nice flexability to it. I used 3m spray adhesive.

455Rocket
    Just make sure you get ALL the grease and oil off the floor/stringers in the back by the motor... You'll never get anything to stick (trust me)
    I suggest MEK (Methyl Ethyl Keytone) to get that shit off the glass, just DON'T GET IT ON BARE WOOD! You can get it in the paint dpt. at home depot or wherever... also doubles for a great bilge cleaner
    Hopefully your old carpet is good enough for a template... good luck

460 jus getn it
    i did mine.............396 started the carpet job and i finished it...il tell you what it was a pain in the ass.

FuelInMyVeins82
    I did mine in the rogers the worst part for me was grinding all the old left over carpet and glue off. If you do have to do this learn from my mistake and wear pants, long shirt some sort of gogles and mask. The first day i did it in a t-shirt and shorts and no mask. The next day all I did was itch and cough up bood, definatly not fun.
    Also LL marine in I think Corona (one of the 951 area code places) sells nice carpet its not as thick as the other stuff w/ helps cut down on weight. Good luck

Devilman
    Carpets nice, you ever consider just sprayin it like a bay boat? Sure makes it easy to clean up after a day at the lake or whatever....

Big Kahunaa
    I am going to use a bed liner in my floor no mo carpet

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast