Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: truck driving schools

lucky
    The $375 is for the Tractor / Trailer & the test.
    hell of a deal

LAFD
    The $375 is for the Tractor / Trailer & the test.
    thats cool i already have my class a permit had it for a while and have been driving a few rigs here and there. still cant down shift for some reason. can speed shift and double clutch no problem but cant down shift. pisses me off.

What happen the dootson school
    Ask me im debbie dootson........
    Still around........I wouldnt deal with them,they took some money from me to hold a spot,I called them the next day at 7am to let them know I couldn't make it & I would like my money back..........they told me to kick rocks
    So I say Dootson :yuk:

lucky
    thats cool i already have my class a permit had it for a while and have been driving a few rigs here and there. still cant down shift for some reason. can speed shift and double clutch no problem but cant down shift. pisses me off.
    i have a few nice auto's availble - My guys don't want to get out of them , got spoiled http://www.osterkamptrucking.com/

HotDogz
    As you let off the gas, it takes pressure off of the tranny allowing you to shift into neutral. If you were turning 1500 rpm in 8th gear and you would be turning 1800 in 7th gear, you will need to rev up to 1800rpm and you will feel the gears slow down and the shifter will fall in to place with a little applied pressure once the revs hit the sweet spot. Just need to make the motor rev to the rpm you would be at in the gear you want shifting up or down. Downshifting, rev up. Upshifting, let the revs fall.
    The pretrip walkaround is where most fail, make sure and point out too much as opposed to not enough detail. The tester will not ask you questions to answer. He will only ask you to perform tasks to see if you do them correctly.
    Fail the pretrip, and test is over, no driving. Once your on the road, run over a curb or yellow line or cone, test is over immediately. Good Luck!

jbtrailerjim
    i have a few nice auto's availble - My guys don't want to get out of them , got spoiled http://www.osterkamptrucking.com/
    Lucky,
    Do you own Osterkamp Trucking?

lucky
    Lucky,
    Do you own Osterkamp Trucking?
    no operation supervisor -

76ANTHONY
    TO DOWN SHIFT YOU REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THE TACH, HIT THAT SWEET SPOT IN EACH RIG ITS DIFFERENT. sorry about the caps. each rig has a sweet spot to downshift. i went to california truck driving in anahiem, way back in the day. mcdonell douglas paid for it so i dont know what it cost. hey 8 weeks i had my lic, class A doubles hazmat air brakes all of it even tankers....

jbtrailerjim
    no operation supervisor -
    I better be nice to you. I occasionally work on some of your trailers for Scott @ Dedicated.

lucky
    TO DOWN SHIFT YOU REALLY HAVE TO WATCH THE TACH, HIT THAT SWEET SPOT IN EACH RIG ITS DIFFERENT. sorry about the caps. each rig has a sweet spot to downshift. i went to california truck driving in anahiem, way back in the day. mcdonell douglas paid for it so i dont know what it cost. hey 8 weeks i had my lic, class A doubles hazmat air brakes all of it even tankers....
    My dad taught me to drive when i was 14- Use to have to drive him home cause he was Drunk -- ahhh the good ol days -- I got whaled on the head every time i TOUCHED a GEAR ..... I suggest YOU Ride With MY DAD WhILE HE's Drunk -- You'll learn fast lmao
    I don't care what the tach says , I care about what it sounds like , I don't use a clutch on the way up , or the way down -- - I'm talking 9/13/15/18 speeds -- as some of these new 10 speed manual , auto shift from 10/9 suck .lol rember -- light on the throttle - your only moving about 200-300rpms differnce -- its not like pussy - just a lil is all you need

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast