Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: truck driving schools

lucky
    I better be nice to you. I occasionally work on some of your trailers for Scott @ Dedicated.
    tell him you want to take his 66 vette out - Tell him Chris- from Ukiah say's he's a freight ***** scott is a very good guy -
    Ohh and if your nice to me - i won't trust ya - lol

cc322
    When I had to get my class A, we had to drive around to acumalate hours and write down in a log book with someone else who had allready had a class A. But first we had to pass the written test. I am not sure what endorsements you are going to get but my advise would be get all you can because if you dont, you will have to take the entire test over regardless. I have airbrakes, tankers and hazmat, The hardest part of the test is the pretrip you miss one thing Test Over good luck BTW the city I work for paid for mine. FYI now if you get a ticket in you own personal vehicle and you have a class A you are not allowed to attend traffic schoo anymorel, it goes straight on your record

jbtrailerjim
    tell him you want to take his 66 vette out - Tell him Chris- from Ukiah say's he's a freight ***** scott is a very good guy - :
    Yep, he's a real nice guy except when I take to long to fix his trailers. I better call him. I have not seen any work from him lately. :idea:
    Ohh and if your nice to me - i won't trust ya - lol
    LOL.....I guess well errr f*ck off then. Is that better?

lucky
    Yep, he's a real nice guy except when I take to long to fix his trailers. I better call him. I have not seen any work from him lately. :idea:
    LOL.....I guess well errr f*ck off then. Is that better?
    so have you welded those raven , spring ride trailers - I'm glad we switched to the east trailers - I had two of those trailers break a main frame rail in the middle of bum fock egypt -- but Your service guys loved em - lol

76ANTHONY
    My dad taught me to drive when i was 14- Use to have to drive him home cause he was Drunk -- ahhh the good ol days -- I got whaled on the head every time i TOUCHED a GEAR ..... I suggest YOU Ride With MY DAD WhILE HE's Drunk -- You'll learn fast lmao
    I don't care what the tach says , I care about what it sounds like , I don't use a clutch on the way up , or the way down -- - I'm talking 9/13/15/18 speeds -- as some of these new 10 speed manual , auto shift from 10/9 suck .lol rember -- light on the throttle - your only moving about 200-300rpms differnce -- its not like pussy - just a lil is all you need
    never got that good, worked for schnider and they switched my truck every two weeks, i was a clutch man... its cool watching people not use it though. and no i dont want to ride with your dad, he'd knock my a$$ out

jbtrailerjim
    so have you welded those raven , spring ride trailers - I'm glad we switched to the east trailers - I had two of those trailers break a main frame rail in the middle of bum fock egypt -- but Your service guys loved em - lol
    No, we work on the vans. I fixed a lot of the rental returns from Xtra and TIP. Scott had us go through them and make all the necessary repairs they needed before they got turned in. We also fix some of the focked up trailers that are in over at Costco in Mira Loma.

jbtrailerjim
    FYI now if you get a ticket in you own personal vehicle and you have a class A you are not allowed to attend traffic schoo anymorel, it goes straight on your record
    I'm going to be getting my CDL soon and was pissed when I read about that new law a couple months ago.

SoCal_fun
    Don't spend that kind of money on a school!!,study the DMV books,then take the air brakes,combo,general test at the DMV.......then I'll hook you up with the guy I went to thats real easy to pass & get your CDL...........$375 for OTR test,if you don't pass it cost you $75-$150 to go back & take it again.
    No BS it's a good deal,they spend about an hour with you goin over the truck & what you have to do to pass.........I got it in one shot & passed.
    If you like I'll get you the number later on tonight.
    Yeah, but how many cushions did you have to sit on??
    LOL!! Hi Jeff!! :rollside:

HighRoller
    LAFD, you never mentioned what you were getting the CDL for. Is it for an OTR job or local? As far as truck driving schools, they don't teach you much about driving a truck. Their job is to give you the skills to pass the CDL exam. They operate on the assumption that most of the students will be going straight to a trucking company to ride with a trainer for 6-8 weeks, during which they'll learn how to drive competently in the real world.
    As far as downshifting, I highly recommend learning with the clutch. It's easier because until you can float like a pro you'll be grinding and revving a lot. That's hard on the equipment. It's been my experience (as a driver and a trainer) that those who take the time to learn shifting with the clutch first end up as better drivers.

capone550
    Doubleclutching is for people who can't drive. Patients is the key to driving. If you learn to downshift using a clutch you'll never learn the right way. Remember every time you disengage and engage the clutch you causing damage. My truck has over 500,000 miles and I always pull over 200,000 lbs. And still have the original clutch and clutch brake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123