Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hemi Heads on a 440 block

Cole1313
    Is this possible, what numbers do you need to be able to match them up. The block numbers, head numbers?????

Moneypitt
    The 440 is a wedge type head, same as the rest of the mopar BB family. The 426 Hemi was a totally different block. Now if you're talking about some exotic aftermarket deal, I have never seen one...........I aint saying nobody ever made one, just that I never saw any.............MP

Cole1313
    The 440 is a wedge type head, same as the rest of the mopar BB family. The 426 Hemi was a totally different block. Now if you're talking about some exotic aftermarket deal, I have never seen one...........I aint saying nobody ever made one, just that I never saw any.............MP
    Thanks MP. I was actually asking for a guy that is looking at my boat. I am not to familiar with motors, so I do not know exactly what he is looking to do.

Hipshot
    Yes, you can turn your 440 wedge motor into a hemi. Here's how http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...k/0506em_hemi/. Pretty cool deal too.

Cole1313
    Yes, you can turn your 440 wedge motor into a hemi. Here's how http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...k/0506em_hemi/. Pretty cool deal too.
    Thank you, I will forward it on to him! He was worried about the heads not matching up with the block.

Cole, I don't believe that the production Chrysler hemi heads will fit the B/RB series blocks, even though the Hemi was derived from that series. The link above is to an article for conversion Hemi-heads that were made specifically to fit the B/RB engine family. The company that made the heads was "Stage V". www.stagev.com

Cole1313
    Cole, I don't believe that the production Chrysler hemi heads will fit the B/RB series blocks, even though the Hemi was derived from that series. The link above is to an article for conversion Hemi-heads that were made specifically to fit the B/RB engine family. The company that made the heads was "Stage V". www.stagev.com
    Here are the numbers on my block, let me know if you think they will work.
    2536430 8 R/B
    7A was stamped on the outside of the heads
    N/D or N/O was above the block number. I do not know what that means.

YeLLowBoaT
    LOL that site has been "under construction" since 8/01.....

LOL that site has been "under construction" since 8/01.....
    Worth a call to see if they are still in business....
    Cole, I'm not a Mopar guy, but like I said, and Moneypit before me said, the heads wont work on a 440. That's why Stage V engineered a head specifically for that application. I suspect demand may have dropped after Chrysler put the real Hemi parts back into production.

Cole1313
    Worth a call to see if they are still in business....
    Cole, I'm not a Mopar guy, but like I said, and Moneypit before me said, the heads wont work on a 440. That's why Stage V engineered a head specifically for that application. I suspect demand may have dropped after Chrysler put the real Hemi parts back into production.
    Thanks for your responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast