Thread: 460 ford eccentric ?

wsm9808
    I'm assembly a Ford 460 for a friends Jet boat. He bought it as a project boat and the engine was already apart and parts scattered among several boxes.
    All I can find for the front of the cam gear fuel pump eccentric is the cam bolt, thick cam bolt washer, and the eccentric. The eccentric is a one piece unit with no dowel pen on the back.
    Does that sound right, or am I missing a piece or two for this? Im used to seeing two piece eccentrics with a positioning dowel on them, like olds, pont and sbc fords.
    Thanks
    Scott

LakesOnly
    I'm assembly a Ford 460 for a friends Jet boat. He bought it as a project boat and the engine was already apart and parts scattered among several boxes.
    All I can find for the front of the cam gear fuel pump eccentric is the cam bolt, thick cam bolt washer, and the eccentric. The eccentric is a one piece unit with no dowel pen on the back.
    Does that sound right, or am I missing a piece or two for this? Im used to seeing two piece eccentrics with a positioning dowel on them, like olds, pont and sbc fords.
    Thanks
    Scott
    The 460s don't have a dowel pin on the fuel pump eccentric. Most of these engine's have a tab stamped out of the backside of the eccentric that is bent back 90*, and that is received by the cam gear dowl pin hole. But even the very early fuel pump eccentrics don't have this feature, and they are secured by the preload of the cam gear bolt only...as they sit flush against the cam gear.
    Your fuel pump eccentric is fine.
    LO
    P.s.: Yes, some small block fords had 2-piece eccentrics and they will fit the 460...but you don't need one.

wsm9808
    Thanks Paul,
    yes, this one has the smooth back. Just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing something.