Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hummer H1 Owners... Need Info...

riverracerx
    How many brand new boats do you see with Ford motors in them?
    Exactly!

Magic34
    Wes, why not get a F650 or Chevy 4500/5500 and make that the promo vehicle.
    You can have one of those for under $120k loaded including a killer paint job and plush interior.

Froggystyle
    Wes, why not get a F650 or Chevy 4500/5500 and make that the promo vehicle.
    You can have one of those for under $120k loaded including a killer paint job and plush interior.
    Like I said, it makes it look like you need one to tow it. Fact is, a Durango would tow it fine. So would a lot of smaller rigs.
    I don't want to give the impression you need to have an HD or bigger to tow it. The Hummer doesn't really give the same impression, and a lot of folks don't realize it is a 1 1/4 ton truck. It just looks really official. That I can live with.
    What I need to look for is some jackass with one of those Rod Hall conversions who wants to sell it.

Dave C
    so hook one up on a fifth wheel and duals and then tow two boats.....
    Like I said, it makes it look like you need one to tow it. Fact is, a Durango would tow it fine. So would a lot of smaller rigs.
    I don't want to give the impression you need to have an HD or bigger to tow it. The Hummer doesn't really give the same impression, and a lot of folks don't realize it is a 1 1/4 ton truck. It just looks really official. That I can live with.
    What I need to look for is some jackass with one of those Rod Hall conversions who wants to sell it.

XtrmWakeborder
    Why not keep the bagged diesel? That thing is as sick as it gets already!!!

Froggystyle
    Why not keep the bagged diesel? That thing is as sick as it gets already!!!
    I'm unfortunately over it. I tire of stuff easily. Very easily. The only thing that doesn't appear to be the case on is my wife and my guitar. Everything else has changed.
    I have had this truck since '03. I have lifted it, dumped it, showed it and put the biggest stereo you could fit with the seats intact... Time to do it to something else.
    Plus, everyone has seen it. Time for a new face with the new boat.

HYPNAUTIC
    How many brand new boats do you see with Ford motors in them?
    Exactly!
    Not to start an arguement, but the reason you dont see Ford motors in boats is that there is a much larger aftermarket for parts, supplies and performance upgrades. It makes it much easier to repair and replace. It does not say anything about quality.
    Not being racist but, why do you see more chevys/GM cars in Mexico and Cuba. Surelly, Ford cars, trucks and vans hold just as many in the back but, it is less expensive to fix when things break because there is a greater supply of parts.

XtrmWakeborder
    Some people just have too much money....haha j/k Wes. Very very very nice truck to begin with, and i'm sure the next one will be just as good. I was watching extreme 4x4 on spike and they created an H1 using a crate duramax diesel and trans into a suburban with an h1 bodykit. I'm sure you could do something way custom with that! just a suggestion.

Mandelon
    Wes remember the story you told me about your old off road rig, before you built On The Rocks? Something about having your foot all the way in it, and you kept gettting passed by all these nice trucks, towing nicer boats. Do you want to be stuck at 60 mph again?

riverracerx
    How about the new Escalade!
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/GM...ade/lade15.jpg
    If they can afford a Trident, they can afford and Escalade.
    But if you want to show how light the boat is, try and pull it with one of these:
    http://www.carpages.co.uk/honda/hond...d_01_09_05.jpg
    Or these look like they will be pretty bad ass!
    http://www.riverracerx.com/sema2005/images/DSC00301.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast