Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What wrench do I need for this?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    autozone sells the kit for around $8 with a lifetime warranty. I had to use the same tool to remove my seats when I installed all of my tv's in my denali. I would never pay $100 for those!!!! YOu dont use them that often and plus if they are installed that tight then somethng is wrong!!!

572Daytona
    Thanks for the lead 396. I will check out autozone, $8 sounds a lot more what I want to pay. If no luck there I will just take it off with some vice grips. I appreciate the help guys.

Riverjet502
    Dumb question time here???
    Was is such an exotic nut used in the first place? Anyone know?

Squirtin Thunder
    Was is such an exotic nut used in the first place? Anyone know?
    That is a simple question, to get you back to the dealership so they can talk you into more products.

Just Tool'n
    This is a torx plus nut, that is special that they used on GM seats.
    We at Snap-On make a special socket for it, I am refering to memory, but I think the part numer is, FLEP180. it is like $10.70
    FLEP180 18EP Torx® Plus Socket
    Remove the Nuts that Secure the Seats on '99 & later GM Full-Size Pickups
    Hope this helps, if you need one let me know.

Was is such an exotic nut used in the first place? Anyone know?That is a simple question, to get you back to the dealership so they can talk you into more products.
    Not likely considering the tools are fairly readily available.
    A more accurate answer is that the manufacturer considers that nut or bolt to have a critical torque value or that its absense may cause some sort of hazard. If that seat assembly contains all or part of a safety belt system(as it does in my GM) I can fully understand the use of such a fastener.
    By the way, all techs say its because the manufacturers and tool suppliers are in cahoots, designing stuff that makes us keep buying new tools

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    By the way, all techs say its because the manufacturers and tool suppliers are in cahoots, designing stuff that makes us keep buying new tools
    Aint that the truth!

JAY4SPEED
    Not likely considering the tools are fairly readily available.
    A more accurate answer is that the manufacturer considers that nut or bolt to have a critical torque value or that its absense may cause some sort of hazard. If that seat assembly contains all or part of a safety belt system(as it does in my GM) I can fully understand the use of such a fastener.
    No kidding!.....GM gives Kent Moore a corner on the market with essential tools. Have you priced any of that stuff??? Holy crap!!!
    Jay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12