Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Ford 429 Truck Crank.

Brian
    Not a bad alternative for a crank, it's just all the other obstacles in a production chevy that prevent it for any further consideration. You know what I'm talking about Brian, like the low compression due to the biggass combustion chambers, the heavy domed pistons, the crappy cam-to-crank centerline, the smaller lifter diameters, inferior rod ratios, all that f'd-up valve shrouding, ETCETERA. (I mean, do you really want me to go on? Because I sure as hell can...oh let's see, lousy lifter valley drainback... ) It's just not a fair trade-off, man. Frankly, I'm beginning to understand why the Super Stock class rules don't allow the 385 Series to run.
    LO
    Sorry, my mistake, I should have known that you weren't interested in making lots of power. Go ahead and have fun with your Ford, it's ok...

Squirtin Thunder
    Sorry, my mistake, I should have known that you weren't interested in making lots of power. Go ahead and have fun with your Ford, it's ok...

Some day soon Paul will open some doors and shead some light for you.

dmontzsta
    Some day soon Paul will open some doors and shead some light for you.
    Fords just keep getting better.

Squirtin Thunder
    Fords just keep getting better.

Don were are talking about stuff that was last sold in '96, so that just means that we are just finding more info on a great existing product.

dmontzsta
    Don were are talking about stuff that was last sold in '96, so that just means that we are just finding more info on a great existing product.
    One thing is for sure, FORD really plans their stuff out and covers every angle.

Squirtin Thunder
    The problem is and was we were not allowed to run the Big Bad Fords per NHRA in the big classes. And that caused the lack of expermentation and design work. I know you have seen Pauls unfinished web site so you know why the GM engine sucks in more ways than I can count. I can't wait to hear all the crapp when it is released.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Frankly, I'm beginning to understand why the Super Stock class rules don't allow the 385 Series to run.
    LO
    The rules were written in 65 3 years before we even had the 429. Wasn't it 1970 before the first 429 CJ was built? I doubt anyone wanted to run them. You can't port the heads and you have to run a part number intake. Since the rule was established they have allowed for cylinder boring which should be a no'brainer in allowing the 429 into the rule books. All it would take is someone to introduce it at the national meeting because I doubt anyone would vote against it.
    I'm confident the SSRA will allow Dmontzsta to run the 429 but you guys have a lot of homework to do to make 650 horsepower with unported heads a solid cam, part # intake, and 830 cfm's of fuel.
    Good luck!

dmontzsta
    The rules were written in 65 3 years before we even had the 429. Wasn't it 1970 before the first 429 CJ was built? I doubt anyone wanted to run them. You can't port the heads and you have to run a part number intake. Since the rule was established they have allowed for cylinder boring which should be a no'brainer in allowing the 429 into the rule books. All it would take is someone to introduce it at the national meeting because I doubt anyone would vote against it.
    I'm confident the SSRA will allow Dmontzsta to run the 429 but you guys have a lot of homework to do to make 650 horsepower with unported heads a solid cam, part # intake, and 830 cfm's of fuel.
    Good luck!
    It will be tough, no doubt. Especially since the boat will be primarily a lake boat. It will burn lots of fuel, so a mix of pump gas and av-gas is about as far out as it will be.

dmontzsta
    bump.
    I am going to have to get dirty looking for one.
    If anyone knows where a F700 or 800 dumptruck, flatbed or other type of small commercial vehicle is, just sitting around, please let me know.

Squirtin Thunder
    bump.
    I am going to have to get dirty looking for one.
    If anyone knows where a F700 or 800 dumptruck, flatbed or other type of small commercial vehicle is, just sitting around, please let me know.
    I located two big truck but both had the 370 in them. Still hunting.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast