Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gsxr1000

Run_em_Hard
    If you want fast just man up and go buy a ZX12r(kawi 1200). Its faster than the busa. Beginners should start out on a 600 IMO. Thats what I did. People might say thats not big enought but unless you are a big guy its plenty to learn on. And they have plenty of power, I have had my modified ZX6R doin 155 MPH. And who the hell would need to go faster than that?

Carbon Dave
    My step brother is a very good rider and he is into trick riding and road course riding.(He has totaled 3-4 bikes in the past 4 years.)
    Kind of ironic that he is so "good" he has totaled 4 bikes.
    Someone mentioned that beginners should start out on a 600. I think people should re-examine the word beginner. The 600's of today are as fast as the 750's of 10 years ago and the 1000+ bikes of 15 years.
    Nobody wants to buy a true "beginner" bike and look like a dork in front of all his buddies.

76ANTHONY
    well i've ridin the 750 and the 600 both 05's they both handle great and have enough balls, but i like the feel of the 750. i dont know what it is but if i where to buy a gsxr it would be the 750. and yes as far as beginners, most people want to not look like a dork and buy the 750, me, im old so it doesnt matter

Cole Trickle
    Someone mentioned that beginners should start out on a 600. I think people should re-examine the word beginner. The 600's of today are as fast as the 750's of 10 years ago and the 1000+ bikes of 15 years.
    Nobody wants to buy a true "beginner" bike and look like a dork in front of all his buddies.
    The first 2 bikes were totaled within the first year he began riding.Basicly going way to fast or not paying attention to your surroundings.(Male Ego)
    He was hurt pretty good on both of these crashes.Luckily no other cars were involved but he hid have alot of medical bills and lost wages.
    The second 2 bikes are what I would call pushing the envelope crashes.(Trying new tricks...12 oclocks,circle wheelies,etc...)He was not hurt becuase he now wears the propper gear.
    He got hooked up with some of the best stunt riders in the world and learned it's hard to keep up with a guy that was born on a bike.
    He has been featured in a couple videos and has done pretty good in some of the battle bike comps.
    He has been teaching the motorcycle safety classes in LA for about a year and a half now.
    His crash rate and tickets have dramitically decreased since he got involved with the safety program.

FHI-prez
    My first bike was an '88 Katana 600. Talk about feelin like a dork :boxed:
    But it served it's purpose well as I rode the piss out of that thing for 4+ years. I'm so glad I did too because as any experienced rider/racer will tell you, it's much better to learn how to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike fast. I had to learn to catch people in the corners, instead of relying on straight line power. When I moved up to a Gix 750, there wasn't many people around here that could keep up.

Liberator TJ1984
    I have riden bikes all my life from Trail 70's to KZ900's and with the exception of dirtbikes have only laid one down hard and didn't get hurt thankfully, this was a KZ650 I went into a curve way to hot
    The one that really opened my eye's was the first time I got on my Katana 1100 (posted pic earlier ) only got up to 3rd gear approaching an intersection ,light went red, and realized bike was going too fast to stop in time !!(more power than brakes) lucky cars saw me coming thru fast and did not pull out in front of me, gained alot of respect for them bikes since that happened

wsuwrhr
    Scariest bike I have ever riden!! :crossx:
    I would be dead in less than a week if I owned one. :cry:
    Fun to ride aren't they?
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    A new rider, unfamiliar with how much power a modern liter bike has on tap, can go WFO for about 5 seconds and be pulling 120.
    What are you riding? A tricycle?
    5 sec?
    haha
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    My best advise.
    Buy a cheap-USED 600. Fast enough to learn on, cheap enough to throw away.
    Insurance will KILL on any newer bike for a beginner rider. You will crash your first bike.
    After a couple years experience, step and and buy a 900/liter bike. You'll won't be sorry.
    Brian

CA Stu
    What are you riding? A tricycle?
    5 sec?
    haha
    Brian
    You still never put up on your claimed "180 mph" top speed after I offered to meet you and put my GPS on your bike, bigmouth!
    "I shredded my gearbox!" Yeah, right.
    Mouth of an alligator, ass of a hummingbird.
    Thanks
    CA Stu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast