Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New dash layout......*pics*

wutwzat,
    the Hawaiian looks great, nice job. Big improvement.
    I hated thoses glove boxes in the dash. A hell of a hole to fill! Did you go ahead and replace all the plywood behind the dash?
    If I remember right that bubble (is that thing 19 feet long, it's been a long time but I think it was a little longer than the southwind 18 splash that we had,) was the only small boat that came standard with full stringers there. They were a pretty stout boat.
    Had the old Hornet bottom on it.

Tittie Chaser
    Very nice work, WUTWZAT.

LMAO, Really the spot where the clock is will be the fuel guage and there is a spot for the clock next to the steering wheel. So it'll be alittle OUT OF SITE, you A-HOLE. J/K LOL
    well, i'll be...i'm so happy to hear that ur gonna "kinda" hide the clock lol...i was having dreams on how to get rid of it lol...but now, that u solved that prob...i can sleep better lol...on a serious note tho...i think its gonna look "really great" when ur done & u know i was only trying to give u a hard time!...u have a great sense of humor ...keep the pics commin'...i cant wait to see the end result
    fastrat

FLEA DIDDY
    well, i'll be...i'm so happy to hear that ur gonna "kinda" hide the clock lol...i was having dreams on how to get rid of it lol...but now, that u solved that prob...i can sleep better lol...on a serious note tho...i think its gonna look "really great" when ur done & u know i was only trying to give u a hard time!...u have a great sense of humor ...keep the pics commin'...i cant wait to see the end result
    fastratIt's all good, gotta mix it up alittle, keeps things interesting. LOL, I just pm'ed you about the shipping, let me know.

WUTWZAT
    wutwzat,
    the Hawaiian looks great, nice job. Big improvement.
    I hated thoses glove boxes in the dash. A hell of a hole to fill! Did you go ahead and replace all the plywood behind the dash?
    If I remember right that bubble (is that thing 19 feet long, it's been a long time but I think it was a little longer than the southwind 18 splash that we had,) was the only small boat that came standard with full stringers there. They were a pretty stout boat.
    Had the old Hornet bottom on it.
    I cut wood the size of the holes and filled it in with glass then cleaned it up with bondo / body filler. I layed sheets of fiberglass up over the back of the dash because I wasn't sure how new wood would stay up there, I then worked it smooth so no stray hands would find any sharp edges.
    Yeah the boats a 19'01" on the registration but from the transom to the tip of the bow is exactly 20'. I am toying with the idea of letting this project go, know anyone interested. I was recently in motorcycle accident and I haven't been feeling like finishing it anyways. But who knows how I'll feel once the cast comes off.
    Its got the new American Turbine pump in it AT-309 with an Alum A impellor, new gauges carpet floors and I have pretty much rigged it all the way down to the wiring already all new and beautiful in looms with the MSD system hidden from sight even. I have a 454 .060 over (468cui) balanced with keith black piston and a stock cast crank which needs to be assembled but fresh from the maching shop. And I have the Harding Marine motor mounts, if I do finish it I think I'll build a rail kit cause it just looks cleaner. The boat was orig brown beige and cooper in a big old metal flake that would make a bass boat blush, but its now white with purple and green trim and all white interior including the 40oz carpet, other than the polished bezels and Auto Meter 2 5/8" Ultra lite gauges and the 5" ultra lite monster tach with recall. Also have the factory hyd divertor and braided lines throughout.
    Jason

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Did I mention that clocks are GAY???

Hallett19
    I had a clock, I quicky changed it out for oil temp, probably a better gauge in a jet boat than a clock imho

FLEA DIDDY
    Did I mention that clocks are GAY???Get tired of getting your ass handed to you over at ISL?

FLEA DIDDY
    I had a clock, I quicky changed it out for oil temp, probably a better gauge in a jet boat than a clock imhoI have them all, oil, volt, temp, n2o, tach, speedo.

GottaJet
    Nice Work :rollside:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast