Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Gold Audio Blowout!!!!!

Phat Matt
    I just picked up a 1200.1, and a 200.4 from Wes. I have a 12" JL W7 in a sealed enclosure that I plan on powering with the 1200.1. The W7 hits pretty hard, and unless I had more mids and highs (I have 8- 6x9's), I think with two W7's, it would be pretty bass heavy.
    You'll like them. I do.

RiverDave
    Well now, I wouldn't say that...
    http://www.audiocar.pl/forum/downloa...23/thesis2.jpg

Are aliens invading?
    RD

ROZ
    Are aliens invading?
    RD
    Yup, someone's pocket book

jbtrailerjim
    Looked into it. Didn't like the components as much as the Zapco. The amps on the Zapco fit a boaters needs a lot better too with a smaller size and better cooling.
    One really nice thing about the Zapco as well is that the newest amps that I should get the first items in production next week are called the digital reference series. These allow me to set gains and such via laptop and prevent people from turning the gains up too high and creating distortion which can kill speakers and amps. We will set them for optimal from the factory and they won't be adjustable. Additionally, I can pre-program the laptop so tuning each boat will take about 1 minute.
    I'm a big fan of Arc Audio. My system in my Ultra is all Arc. It sounds amazing but that is gonna be a absolute killer sounding system in the Revolution.
    I'm getting ready to do a new system in my truck. I was real tempted to take one of those PG amps off of your hands but I buy Arc stuff at dealer cost. So I'm sticking with Arc. Some people are getting some smokin deals on that PG gear.

phebus
    O.K., Wes explained what I need to do to set up the 1200.1 sub amp, but there is one thing I don't understand. What is the difference of raising the bass boost vs. raising the gain?
    Man, there is a lot of tuning opotions on the 1200.1, and the 200.4!!

Phat Matt
    No way I'd run a W7 with a 500/1. Those things need at least 1000 watts per, maybe more like 1500.
    So my opinion is backed up?

Phat Matt
    O.K., Wes explained what I need to do to set up the 1200.1 sub amp, but there is one thing I don't understand. What is the difference of raising the bass boost vs. raising the gain?
    Man, there is a lot of tuning opotions on the 1200.1, and the 200.4!!
    Set your amp with the bass boost at zero. Buy the optional bass knob for when you want to pump it up. It will boost the levels at 45hz.

Phat Matt
    Or run the subwoofer output from your head unit to the bass amp and use the head unit's subwoofer level control. Set the amps gains and bass boost with the subwoofer level at 0. That's the way I like to do it, much cleaner.
    But it's much more fun to crank the knob.
    That doesn't sound right. :2purples:

phebus
    Wes volunteered to tune my system for me once I installed everything, but in reality, I don't see the boat getting from Havasu to El Cajon. So, I am really going to be picking some brains on helping me get the system dialed in.
    Here is what I will be running:
    Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 to a 12" JL W7 in a a sealed enclosure.
    Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 to two pairs of MB Quart 6x9's, and two pair of Eclipse four way 6x9's.
    Highpass, lowpass filters, crossovers, etc.

Phat Matt
    Wes volunteered to tune my system for me once I installed everything, but in reality, I don't see the boat getting from Havasu to El Cajon. So, I am really going to be picking some brains on helping me get the system dialed in.
    Here is what I will be running:
    Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1 to a 12" JL W7 in a a sealed enclosure.
    Phoenix Gold Xenon 200.4 to two pairs of MB Quart 6x9's, and two pair of Eclipse four way 6x9's.
    Highpass, lowpass filters, crossovers, etc.
    I can hook you up when I am in town too. I have done it a few times.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast