Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Job Market In Havasu????

Mandelon
    GHT lets talk. we met a Dia's house
    I am currently seeking
    ALL Trades for a new construction company comprised of as many Hot Boat members as possible
    Plumber
    Drywall
    Framer
    concrete
    Mason
    Tile
    painter
    Stucco/lath
    Finish Carpenter
    Roofer
    Electrician
    I do all those.

SummitKarl
    Or quality control manager???Pack my bags tonite
    you would be very busy with the Subs out here

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    Or quality control manager???Pack my bags tonite
    hay thats my job

atomickitn
    normally just the framing crews after lunch, unfortunatly it's something you have to deal with unless you can afford your own crew
    once the homes are to "roof & shear" it's actually ok temp wise, but yea there are just days you don't risk putting people on the job, some guys have their own portable chillers, makes it nice
    pussy's! :rollside:

SummitKarl
    I do all those.
    got a AZ lic.?

SummitKarl
    pussy's! :rollside:
    I am sooooo saving this for July

atomickitn
    july what about aug or sept...its africa hot :rollside:

Mandelon
    got a AZ lic.?
    Not yet, but its on my list of things to do. Do you know if AZ reciprocates? I think they do on trade but not biz portion of the test?

atomickitn
    Not yet, but its on my list of things to do. Do you know if AZ reciprocates? I think they do on trade but not biz portion of the test?
    nope you have to take the whole thing. both! :yuk:

Ion
    ...it doesnt cost as much to live so that may not be a factor.Ive heard its a much better quailty of life living there,which you cant put a price on
    During the hot months, I pay $300.00+ electric bills and $150+ water bills. Because of our isolated location, most all goods (groceries, furniture, etc) cost more than most cities, not to speak of the rapid rate of decline of all things rubber (tires, auto parts, etc) and auto & boat batteries. When you factor all that in, the cost of living here is not as inexpensive as you might think.
    Re: quality of life...depends on one's definition. If you mean no stress-induced stiff necks or headaches from sitting in rush-hour traffic, dealing with road-raged a-holes and very little fear of being mugged or burglarized, then yes...Havasu rules. It also rules with great boating and off-roading right in your backyard. But...no culture, subpar schools, no shopping for the girls and unless you bring a peer group with you, it's tough to break into a worthwhile clique, one that does not refer to their wife or husband as "old lady" or "old man" and are not alcoholics or tweakers.