Thread: Jl Audio Marine Subs?

davis777
    I have a 450/4 running 2 sets of JL Cockpit seperates and a 500/1 running a W6v12 automotive sub in a small cheap eclosure in my ski locker under the main deck where the seperates are located.
    It sounds great- the bass is really deep- but it struggles through the locker.
    I would like to get rid of the W6v12 in the locker and get that space back and get 2 of the 10" JL Marine Subs and mount them out in the cockpit area. I just dont want to spend $500 and have weaker bass.
    Question: 500/1 and a W6v12 that struggles-- or-- 500/1 and 2 marine 10"s out in the cockpit area??
    Anyone run the JL Marine Subs M10IB5-4?
    Any suggestions before blowing more coin would be great!?
    R-

BoatFloating
    I have a 450/4 running 2 sets of JL Cockpit seperates and a 500/1 running a W6v12 automotive sub in a small cheap eclosure in my ski locker under the main deck where the seperates are located.
    It sounds great- the bass is really deep- but it struggles through the locker.
    I would like to get rid of the W6v12 in the locker and get that space back and get 2 of the 10" JL Marine Subs and mount them out in the cockpit area. I just dont want to spend $500 and have weaker bass.
    Question: 500/1 and a W6v12 that struggles-- or-- 500/1 and 2 marine 10"s out in the cockpit area??
    Anyone run the JL Marine Subs M10IB5-4?
    Any suggestions before blowing more coin would be great!?
    R-
    The IBF's will work and will sound good. It just wont be as good as the W6 but still sound good. I had the old JL IBF 10's in my last boat 4 of them and it sounded really good.

4day!!
    i've got 2-10" JL W1 subs in my boat undr the rear bench, along with 3 pairs of eclipse 6 1/2" spaced troughout the boat. I am very impressed and pleased with the sound. The subs are not enclosed, only what the the rear bench seat provides for enclosure. Car toyz did the system for me last year..

LHC30Victory
    To tag onto this thread...I am planning to run a 500/1 JL amp and two W12's, will these subs be underpowered? Should I run only one W12? Will placement (either under the rear seat or in the gunnels) make a difference to the sound and power requierment???

BoatFloating
    To tag onto this thread...I am planning to run a 500/1 JL amp and two W12's, will these subs be underpowered? Should I run only one W12? Will placement (either under the rear seat or in the gunnels) make a difference to the sound and power requierment???
    It depends if you're running 12W6's or 12W3' or 1's. The 500/1 would be fine for w1 and 3's but step up to the 1000/1 if you're going to run 2 of the 6's

BadKachina
    The marine 10's are about the best sounding free sub I've heard. They don't handle a ton of power when they are mounted free air, but they still reproduce a nice low sound. Your 500 watt amp will be plenty for them. I do think the sound quality will be better than the sub you have inside of another compartment, although if your w6 12 was mounted where you could hear it in a correct size box, I would say it would out perform the marine 10's by leaps and bounds though.
    The JL tens look really nice too, you would have to see one in person to appriciate them, and I can sell you two of them for less than 400.00. :wink:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Feature_MI.jpg