Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BROKEN B-MAX

GONE2RIVER
    Does anyone know of any place on the West Coast that I can have my B-Max rebuilt? I broke the intermediate shaft (I think) last weekend. B-Max wanted me to send it back to them in Florida (very cool) and they would fix it for me. The only problem is I need it back on the boat ASAP. HELP PLEASE!
    [This message has been edited by GONE2RIVER (edited June 04, 2002).]

Robbie Racer
    That's a bummer about your B-max. I haven't hurt mine yet but haven't abused it too much either. Do you know if you did anything that caused it to break? You might want to try calling Greg Shoemaker at G.S. Marine in Corona at 909-2722-6060. He installed my B-max in my Carrera but I don't know if he can fix one or not. Good luck. Keith

GONE2RIVER
    Thanks, I will give him a call.

teague marine in valencia .

RiverDave2
    How much Horsepower are you running that it would break a B-Max?
    RD

sofa king smooth
    Broke my teague xr last weekend and now i'm going with a b-max.Curious how much power you are running and at what speed and rpm it broke.Also what gears do you have in your b-max?

Craig
    Originally posted by sofa king smooth:
    Broke my teague xr last weekend and now i'm going with a b-max.Curious how much power you are running and at what speed and rpm it broke.Also what gears do you have in your b-max?
    I'm curious how much horsepower you have! What's it in and do you know why your XR broke?
    Craig

sofa king smooth
    Injected quad rotor making 1150.Craced my imco lower unit and i thought smoked my xr upper.After speaking with Gary Teague this evening, I may have got lucky!He said everything in my upper looks ok thus far.So hopefully its just the foot gears.
    After making a wide open run the boat was very hard to get out of gear, one hour later at about 40 mph it let go.I'm hopping for the best.The boat did run 116 on gps, not bad for a deck boat.

BADBLOWN572
    I have 1k h.p. and I have had nothing but good luck with my b-max. The only problem with the b-max is that it eats a significant amount of h.p. But that is the price you pay to play the game. I would rather loose some h.p. than to kick down 7k every time you blow a bravo.

hulshot
    I also broke my teague drive but I'm chosing to go to a Imco Extreme SC. I havent't paid for it yet but its on order. Whats with the B-Max drives in comparison to the Imco. Anyone know whats stronger. ther is many of us running either or but how did you come to this decesion when finally purchasing??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast