Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BROKEN B-MAX

RiverDave
    Originally posted by sofa king smooth:
    Injected quad rotor making 1150.Craced my imco lower unit and i thought smoked my xr upper.After speaking with Gary Teague this evening, I may have got lucky!He said everything in my upper looks ok thus far.So hopefully its just the foot gears.
    After making a wide open run the boat was very hard to get out of gear, one hour later at about 40 mph it let go.I'm hopping for the best.The boat did run 116 on gps, not bad for a deck boat.
    Are you Sean's Dad?
    If so that deckboat is a conquest I'm assuming?
    RD

sofa king smooth
    I'm not sean's dad, I don't know sean. Yes it is a conquest, bummed about the drive but had to see the big number once.
    [This message has been edited by sofa king smooth (edited June 06, 2002).]

Killer V
    try sundowner marine in havasu they are a b max rep for the west coast they helped me

Charley
    Originally posted by sofa king smooth:
    Injected quad rotor making 1150.Craced my imco lower unit and i thought smoked my xr upper.After speaking with Gary Teague this evening, I may have got lucky!He said everything in my upper looks ok thus far.So hopefully its just the foot gears.
    After making a wide open run the boat was very hard to get out of gear, one hour later at about 40 mph it let go.I'm hopping for the best.The boat did run 116 on gps, not bad for a deck boat.
    Sofa king, please post a pic of that bad ass ride, 116 in a deckboat is NUTS, in a cool way hehehe

sofa king smooth

Charley
    NICE RIDE SKS!!!!!!!!! looks like Needles~

Robbie Racer
    SKS, that is one bad deck boat. My Carrera 257 runs the same speed right now (on 1160 hp pulley @10 psi) and I finally broke the prop shaft in my B-Max weekend before last. I was on the 6 psi pulley (making about 980 hp max) and was rapidly accelerating from about 40 mph when it snapped at around 75 mph. The Bravo Shop sent me out one the next day and I was back up and running again in 3 days. They wouldn't cover it under warranty because my boat exceeded the 850 hp limit. I was up at Lake Shasta last weekend and ran into another Carrera 257 "Shaft) that has a 1300 hp 625" motor and he has broken 4 B-Max drives and no longer runs them. He has recently switched to the IMCO Extreme drive and will see how well it holds up. I'm going to buy one of his rebuilt B-Max drives that has a 2" shortened lower unit with a nose cone to put on mine and then use mine as a spare in case I break it again.

Charley
    Originally posted by Robbie Racer:
    I was up at Lake Shasta last weekend and ran into another Carrera 257 "Shaft) that has a 1300 hp 625" motor and he has broken 4 B-Max drives and no longer runs them. He has recently switched to the IMCO Extreme drive and will see how well it holds up
    4 B max ' s has to cost more than a #6 is the #6 drive mount any where near where the B max or Bravo would be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12