Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vp racing gas to pump gas mix?????????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I cam to the conclusion that I am going to run pump gas with vp racing(110 octane) fuel. If I add 2 gallons of vp(110 octane) to 11 gallons of pump gas(91 octane) What would be the octane of my gas? I was going to run 101 octane but vp is the same price. Can somebody help me out? I got totally confused on the av gas subject so I said forget it(someone told me that av gas burns valves??). So I came to the conclusion that I am going to add a few gallons of vp to the tank just to improve octane.

Dragboat Dad
    We ran a mix of VP C12 and pump gas all last year. We mixed 50/50 and it worked well for us. Some have told us it's not really the right way to do it, but for our deal (BBC blown, 6% over driven 28 degrees timing) it seemed fine. We were told by many not to use av gas too for similar reasons. We also ran a 50/50 mix of F&l with good results and it was half thr price of C12, however when we tried to run 100 F&l we had a flat spot out of the whole and top end didn't feel very good. Probably needed more timing or jetting. This year we will be running 100% C12 as we have bumped up the blower and timing, got to keep it interesting.

beached 1
    If you are talking about VP C12 it is 108 octane. VP, unlike most of the other race fuels go by Motor octane only. Motor octane readings are always less than Research octane. Therefore, VP C12 is the same as say 76 110. Vp likes to error on the side of caution which is good. If you mix C12 with 91 you should be close to 100. But ask your VP dealer about their Unleaded 100 and their unleaded 103. More often than not, I have found that just buying the 103 was cheaper than buying the C12 and then mixing it with pump gas. Dpending on how much your dealer charges for it of course. I don't know if VP still makes what was called VP Red but that was my favorite. It was 105 Leaded and was as cheap as the unleaded 103. you can contact the VP rep for Cali at vppacific@aol.com or 909-674-9167 for a list of the dealers near you.

HOSS
    AV gas doesn`t burn valves. It has a high lead content. Therefore valves would be fine because of the lead acting as a lubricant even though with hardenned seats it is not needed. VP red does still exist. Run that with open headders and the underside of your car is orange from lead.
    Why run this unless compression is up there? Just asking. I build motors now that will only run on pump gas. Down here VP is not at every street corner and shop.

stressedout
    396_WAYS_TO_SPIT:
    I cam to the conclusion that I am going to run pump gas with vp racing(110 octane) fuel. If I add 2 gallons of vp(110 octane) to 11 gallons of pump gas(91 octane) What would be the octane of my gas?
    396 And the answer is,
    93.92307692 octane.

Nstigator74
    How many times is this subject goin to be posted?? My .02, go with a pump gas combination (under 10.5-1,underdrive the blower, ect) or go all out (14.5-1, 30% overdrive on the lung,throw the stereo away) and run race gas or methanol.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I was just curious because i have a vw bug shop that sells vp,methanol, and nitro about 1 mile from the house wink I think I will stick to the pump gas with an occasion couple of gallons of vp.
    that should keep everything clear for me wink

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Nstigator74:
    How many times is this subject goin to be posted?? My .02, go with a pump gas combination (under 10.5-1,underdrive the blower, ect) or go all out (14.5-1, 30% overdrive on the lung,throw the stereo away) and run race gas or methanol. I asked a simple question because I read the thread about av gas and got totally confused I think i have a pump gas motor but i dont know for sure. I bought the boat and the guy didnt know anything about the motor. i went through it but I still dont know the comp. I know the heads are not small cc's so the compression cant be above 10-1. I will keep it simple with 91 octane all day long

schiada96
    Av gas has two grams of lead pre gallon c-12 has 8 you be the person guessing if the additional 6 grams per gallon will lube and cool the expensive ex valve

HOSS
    DOnt be a dick
    Av gas sucks! **** youn boys whowe can1`t` do pump gas. Littl3e e farts. Hoss, why ya sleekin`?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast