Thread: Looking for a Silverwing tunnel.

h2oski2fast
    I'm looking to start a new project for the winter. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a Silverwing tunnel that is for sale. Would like it to be setup with twin OBs. So, if anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Skaterfast
    My only question is:Why Silverwing?

jackpunx
    Skaterfast:
    My only question is:Why Silverwing? Your Avatar is SICK!!.. I would love to see more of that vid..

superdave013
    uhhh, maybe try Jim Wilkes

h2oski2fast
    Not too many tunnels out there with the kind of room that is in a Silverwing. Plus they are very fast and stable for a 20' boat. Talked with Jim last week, just wondering if anyone out there had some inside info on someone ready to sell one.

Skaterfast
    Four years ago I raced one in my Stoker with a 260hp merc.He had twin mercs.It wasn't even a race.I must addmit I was so far ahead of him I thought maybe he was testing or something.I'm not taking anything away from Jim,I'm sure he builds a great boat,but for a 20 or 22 foot twin set up it should be running in the 115 mph area to be considered fast.

bigkatboat
    I thought he bought all of those molds, from the originators of the designs. I don't think you should blame him for something he doesn't know how to do. eek! P. S. that boat won the PARKER, way back. It had a Jag. V12, and it out lasted all the others. Can you say Continental?

h2oski2fast
    You raced one with your Stoker, and that's how you formulate your opinion? I have seen a Silverwing at parker last year with twin 200's radar at 118mph, and not in the best condidtions. Plus the Silverwing is a great rough water boat for it's size. I'm not trying to take anything away from Stoker, I've spent a fair amount of time in one as we used to ski race one in OB class.