Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Newbe Question

yomama
    Ok......I hate to interupt this tea party....but I've got a major problem...
    powerhead hooked up, lower unit stabbed on, I realized I hadn't torqued
    the lower mount bolts...(standard non-offshore housing)....one of the biatches stripped.....didn't make it to 120ft lbs.....I cut the nut off hoping
    the bolt might be ok....NOT
    The big question, do I attempt to grind the bolt head off, and replace the bolt
    and nut in the reverse order, or do I have to pull the powerhead off and start all over? CRAPPOOLLLLAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Te
    Any photos?

You Te
    Okay, now have you ever got to try the shit out on someone?........( . )( . ).........

I'm a dancer Kim, I dance circles around people and sometimes I dance on their head.

Kim Hanson
    I'm a dancer Kim, I dance circles around people and sometimes I dance on their head.
    I will take that as a no then
    ...........( . )( . )............

Towndrunk
    Ok......I hate to interupt this tea party....but I've got a major problem...
    powerhead hooked up, lower unit stabbed on, I realized I hadn't torqued
    the lower mount bolts...(standard non-offshore housing)....one of the biatches stripped.....didn't make it to 120ft lbs.....I cut the nut off hoping
    the bolt might be ok....NOT
    The big question, do I attempt to grind the bolt head off, and replace the bolt
    and nut in the reverse order, or do I have to pull the powerhead off and start all over? CRAPPOOLLLLAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cut the head off and install it that way. Wont hurt a thing.
    Do you wear a tutu also?

yomama
    Cut the head off and install it that way. Wont hurt a thing.
    Good answer......
    Do you wear a tutu also?
    nope....worked through those issues :hammerhea

Towndrunk
    nope....worked through those issues :hammerhea
    Thats okay we'll still help you. I actually turn those around when I change one so that it gives me easy access in case I need to pull it again for some other problem.

yomama
    I actually turn those around when I change one so that it gives me easy access in case I need to pull it again for some other problem.
    Just ordered bolts and nuts.....bolts shipping from new Jersey (are any of those parts stored locally?.....seems like never) I'll re-install reversed for sure!!
    Added 1/16" dia. thermocouples this weekend. Used mega-$$$$ rifle-drilled bolts w/compression fittings........I can't see those thermocouples lasting more that a few hours...what kills them first, vibration or exhaust pulses?

Towndrunk
    I don't know, I use the heavier ones. I would imagine the exhaust would kill them fairly fast.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789