Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbe Question

Jack Black
    Very Tempting Billy, but I think that engine cost more than my budget for another boat!!!!! Besides, how will you get to Topac?!?!?!? Blender, you have a PM.

blender over
    Very Tempting Billy, but I think that engine cost more than my budget for another boat!!!!! Besides, how will you get to Topac?!?!?!? Blender, you have a PM.
    Pm back at ya

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    If your going single, dont sweat the insurance to much, i pay about 700 a year. Its only when you get into the twins you need to cringe!

Tom Brown
    What about a 1998 liberator 21ft tunnel with a 225 pro max all stock with 2 props ans a nice stereo.
    Nice boat.
    Is that a ProMax or SuperMag?

blender over
    Nice boat.
    Is that a ProMax or SuperMag?
    It a super mag, same difference, when i say super mag most people have no idea what that is LOL
    Thanks for the comp :rollside:

Tom Brown
    I know it's the same engine using the same parts but the Mariner has a little less resale value than a Mercury. The brand is not as well known.
    I assume that's why none of your pictures have a close up of the engine. I've noticed this before in other sales. The brand will be misrepresented until just before the actual sale at which time it will be stressed that it's, "really a Merc." ... but it's not a Merc, just as a Firebird is not a Camaro.
    I'd own a Mariner without hesitation but I would be cautious of someone trying to represent one as a Mercury.
    Sure... I know the resale is not thousands less... maybe only a few percent less... but is not a proper representation of the engine.

blender over
    I know it's the same engine using the same parts but the Mariner has a little less resale value than a Mercury. The brand is not as well known.
    I assume that's why none of your pictures have a close up of the engine. I've noticed this before in other sales. The brand will be misrepresented until just before the actual sale at which time it will be stressed that it's, "really a Merc." ... but it's not a Merc, just as a Firebird is not a Camaro.
    I'd own a Mariner without hesitation but I would be cautious of someone trying to represent one as a Mercury.
    Sure... I know the resale is not thousands less... maybe only a few percent less... but is not a proper representation of the engine.
    Humm interesting :yuk:
    Im not trying to misslead any one.
    The reason it a marnier bucause the fella that owned it before me wanted the motor to match the boat.
    And it more like chevy and GMC
    I doubt its worth any more or less considering its the exact same thing just different color
    Oh here you go.

Tom Brown
    I doubt its worth any more or less considering its the exact same thing just different color
    I doubt you know the market.
    Again... nothing wrong with Mariner. Just check your resale prices.

blender over
    I doubt you know the market.
    Again... nothing wrong with Mariner. Just check your resale prices.
    I guess i should go paint my motor black!!!LOL
    10-4 TB

Tom Brown
    Hey... I'm not arguing that it's a different engine. It's not. It's the same. It uses the same parts... it's just gray.
    I'm going to paint my Merc gray (but not Mariner gray).
    What's more, your boat looks to be in really sweet shape. I don't want to scare JB off. The boat looks great in the pictures.
    I'm just saying that it's not really a Merc, nor a ProMax. It's a Mariner SuperMagnum.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast