Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: E shoe installation

In my never ending (well, it's gonna end pretty damn soon) quest to hit 70mph in the circus boat, I bought a E shoe kit from Duane at HTP. This is the first one I've installed, so keep that in mind as I struggle my way thru the installation. I understand there are a TON of different hull configurations that this pump was used in, so a universal shoe kit is merely a starting point that the owner must custom tailor to their own application.
    In this shot, I have already removed the stock plate, and have bolted (with the 2 stock bolt holes) the shoe and new plate into position. Drilling and tapping the other holes will be done after the test fit.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/896plate.jpg
    The hull surrounding the intake is quite rounded, so the edges of the shoe have a gap. I would think in other hulls with a flatter bottom, this gap would not be as pronounced. The circle area is where I am thinking I need to use a good marine epoxy to fill the gap, and provide a smoother transition for the water going into, and past the intake.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...20/896shoe.jpg
    In this shot, I have placed the cradle where I believe it is to be mounted. The dotted lines show the angle of the cradle as far back on the plate as possible, and what a 90 degree angle to the plate would be. Another 1/2" longer plate would make it mount easier. It is at 0 degrees (the recommended starting point) in this shot.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...896cradle1.jpg
    More to come.......

ARS Marine inc.east
    Yes use a Good Marine Epoxy
    Epoxy the shoe up First, Let it Fully Harden Then Drill and tap the Rest of the Bolt Holes needed
    Make sure all of your angles are correct
    Before you leave it set up
    What kinda Instructions did you Get with that Kit?

That's what I was thinking. Use the epoxy to "bed in" the shoe to the pump housing and hull. Should make for a rock solid mount. The instructions address drilling and tapping the mounting holes for the most part. Mounting the cradle will be interesting as it doesn't appear (at first glance) that there's much "meat" at the end of the pump to drill and tap. I'll be removing the nozzle to see how much cross section I have to work with.

ARS Marine inc.east
    I Sell Allmost the Same kit. But My Shoes are made For Boats with JC/JG pumps and a Belly on the Keel and intake . Perfect BOLT ON KIT so you Do not need to machine your Intake for a shoe. "Jetboater" From the boards here Put one of My kits on that I modified for his application and He GAINED 10 MPH :sqeyes: Not to bad for A BOLT ON Shoe and Ride Plate Kit that includes Epoxy,Bolts,Yoke and everything you need for$225.00
    I could send you a copy Of the Instructions I made up ,I think it may help ya in setting the thing up wright the First Time.

I'd like to see your instructions. The intake is not machined. It uses the existing step for the stock plate. I have to drill and tap 5 additional holes to mount the shoe and plate. Duane has 2 different cradles depending upon what bowl you have (C or G).

ARS Marine inc.east
    Roost You have MAIL

Got it, thanks. My install will be a little different, but I can use a couple points in your instructions.

BrendellaJet
    why not make a small angle shim to get the cradle to bolt to the bowl where you think it should be?

TUNNEL MAN
    Im the one ARS Marine is talking about, and yes we picked up 10 mph with his kit. It took about 4 hrs to install and worth every minute of it.
    I realize some people may find it fun to take out there motor and tweek on it for about a month and also spend tons of cash BUT ill stick to the easy way out with ARS's kit. And before you say OH but I have a big motor, SO DO WE yes we have a 500inch Blow motor so the product works............................................. ................PERIOD

The ears on the cradle will really only mount to the narrowest section. If I try to move it forward for a sqaure angle to the plate, I'll have to grind the ears at an angle, and drill and tap the bowl at an angle, too. I'll use this plate, but if it bugs me enough, I'll just make a plate 1/2" longer.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast