Thread: Honda Generator Exhaust??

1manshow
    Just woundering what type of hose you peeps are using to run your exhaust from the honda eu2000?? Iam going to dump exhaust out one of the bilge dumps and not sure what type of hose can handle the heat? thanks 1manshow

Big Warlock
    I run mine off the back swimstep. Works fine. Someone warned me about exhaust fumes traveling up the sides of the boat into the cabin. Too many scary stories. But if plumbed right, should be no problem.

Beer-30
    Some of these machinists on here should make some mini-tips to match the ones on everyones transoms. Little slant-cut and straight-cut ones.

KACHINA KEN
    Robs right, yes it's a pain in the ass to take the genny out and strap it to the transom but odd's are if you have a closed bow the gunwale (sides) of your boat have passages that carbon monoxide could in theory pass through, you have 2 cute kids, not worth the risk. Strap in onto the swimstep. Oh and for anyone who may say get a carbon monoxide alarm? Ask yourself this, how many times have you slept through an alarm sober much less punch drunk from carbon monoxide? Nope, not gonna do it.

me4drvr
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...ferrerid=11923
    this was discussed a while ago, PhattMatt looks like he has a nice setup for it.

BoatFloating
    I use 5/8" heater hose and no problems... My kid still ok... The sky is falling again....

DILLIGAF
    Mine will be with some type of exhaust tubing out the side of the boat....

Magic34
    Just woundering what type of hose you peeps are using to run your exhaust from the honda eu2000?? Iam going to dump exhaust out one of the bilge dumps and not sure what type of hose can handle the heat? thanks 1manshow
    Only difference with this guy is that he has a deck boat. I dont see how the CO fumes would be all that different than just having it on the swim platform from the engine compartment on a deck boat. The issue I see is with the possible gas spillage in the bilge.

RiverDave
    Some of these machinists on here should make some mini-tips to match the ones on everyones transoms. Little slant-cut and straight-cut ones.
    Most people run them out the side of the boat like a bildge dump.. If they ran them out the transom at waterline or below like an exhaust tip you'd have to put in one way valves or "flappers" etc.. Pain in the ass. However if ya really wanted a slanted exhaust tip, well then I know a guy that'd be happy to make ya one.
    RD