Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad day at the lake(could have been worse)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    HOLY SHIT!!!!
    Glad to hear you guys came out ok! That is some serious wreckage right there. What kind of layup was in that boat? How thick was the floor? Could you walk on the deck?
    Glad you guys are ok....fricken crazy! :jawdrop:

Moneypitt
    That has to be the worst one I've seen that had any survivors......Looking at the wrecked boat one would have to think no way anyone walked away from that one!!!!! I assume you were both wearing lifejackets.........If your state has a lottery, you better be buying a ticket, cause you're one lucky family............Ray

fc-pilot
    Wow, I hope you plan on going to church on Sunday. I am glad to hear that the two of you are OK. Somebody was watching after the two of you.
    Paul

QuickJet
    I wasn't expecting that at all. Holy shit!!! Glad you guys walked away from it.

Kurtis500
    DANG!! glad you guys are ok, that is some bad wreckage. Did you have your life jackets on?
    BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods tommorow, flying into Charlotte and driving to Charlston. I'm ready to see green. Take care of your wife. ..

AzMandella
    Glad you guys are alright.The dent in the tank does look like a 2 x 6.does anyone live on the lake?It kind of looks like you may have hit a old dock that was floating just below the water line since it looks like the 2 x 6 was standing upright.If it was just a board floating it would be on it's side not standing on edge.If you do get another T-deck look for a heavy layup hull.That looks light a light layup(potatochip)hull by the way it just disinigrated.Better to sacrafice a little speed for safety.Light layups are meant for one thing.Racing.Once again I'm glad to hear nobody was seriously hurt.I've never seen one that bad where the occupents lived.

Norseman
    Chris;
    Glad to hear that you guys are OK!!!
    Somebody was definitely looking out for the two of you!!!!
    Bob

T-56
    Hey Chris,
    I'm sitting here in Iraq, scrolling through the pages and next thing I know I'm staring a Pete holdin' a beer! I didn't even realize it was your boat.
    Glad you guys are still in one peice. Def looks like a 2X6. It is Lake Greenwood you know. Lots of trash. I don't remember if it was Eddie or Alex, but one of thier boats was sunk by an acorn over on Hidden Lake years ago. It doesn't take much at those speeds to destroy one.
    Did it hydrolic the engine?
    Robert Lone

Carnivalride
    Holy Shit!!! :2purples: :2purples: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    So glad you and your wife are both going to be alright. I agree buy lottery tickets and pray thanks. Sorry about the loss of your boat but at least it can be replaced.
    Loren

BIGCHRIS
    Thank u everyone,Dave A thanks for the link,since i have been on this forum i have felt like it was a family.Even though i have not met many of u guys i know if were to meet u, we would take off like we had known each other forever thats why i felt i should share this .Also to show how quick something can go wrong( always be careful).We were lucky guys no lj"s we were cruising and u no how it is the next thing u are on a pass.Jerry the boat was a medium layup it had1.5 stringers and i could walk on the boat anywere and i weigh 305lbs the floori will have to look at closer but it looks to be 3/8 thick .Thanks again everyone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast