Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ENRON Verdict in,,

Kachina26
    I hope they have to do their time in Federal prison. As Chuck Zito said in his book, it was HELL!! NSF
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be rough..........
    http://www.phoneplusmag.com/articles/i491p86.gif

Tom Brown
    forever................
    and ever....

Jordy
    It's sad that a majority of people don't understand the long term ramifications of Enron and how far reaching it was. It's amazing how many people lost EVERYTHING because of the tangled webs of lies that these jackasses created.
    On the flip side, if it wasn't for Enron I wouldn't have the job I currently have. To cover up for all the missing money due to embezzling, high salaries, perks, and junkets they were taking, they would scream energy shortage in all their forecasts. GE invested a fortune in the temporary power market (portable generators) because of the predictions of energy shortages that Enron was making. GE essentially got my company into the temp power business. Oh, and GE lost their ass in the GE Energy Rental division, which started because of Enron. The effects are long reaching and devestating.

sorry dog
    I'm not defending the Enron dirtbags, but at the same time I have mixed feeling only because the justice department was involved.
    The truth or any thing resembling it doesn't matter to those guys. They respond to targets and they with play dirty with an practically unlimited attorney budget to bring you down (- that's a paraphrase from a prosecutor I talked to who worked for them for 20 years). Those guys have a warped sense of justice...for example
    Richard Scrushy gets off ...
    The CFO who blew the whistle got like 5 years with no lube- more than anybody else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12