Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water powered car

Cole Sanger
    Anyone see this? Is it real? Where do I sign up for it?
    http://www.rratch.com/Misc/WaterFuel/WaterFuel.wmv

NorCal Gameshow
    How much electricity does the electrolysis take?
    if the car will run on water, why would he need a gas /water hybrid ?

maxwedge
    How much electricity does the electrolysis take?
    if the car will run on water, why would he need a gas /water hybrid ?
    Uhh.. I'm sorry but that's proprietary information. Just trust him, it works lol. :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Mythbusters destroyed it as a motor fuel method 2 nights ago (thurs). You can't manage to create the gas anywhere nearly as fast as the engine needs it. They folowed exacting plans from the internet of course, and even did some hi-tech tuning of it to optimize the current flow. No avail. They did run the car on bottled Hydrogen drafted into the carb top showing it is possible, but the electrolysis was far too slow. Make it all ahead of time & store it, can be done. Make on-damand, nope.
    They tested 3 other "mileage improvement" wonders, all failures.
    They DID manage to run a diesel on used french fryer oil (filtered). Lost about 10% mileage in the Merc they used (33 to 30 mpg) but it ran fine.

NorCal Gameshow
    Mythbusters destroyed it as a motor fuel method 2 nights ago (thurs). You can't manage to create the gas anywhere nearly as fast as the engine needs it. They folowed exacting plans from the internet of course, and even did some hi-tech tuning of it to optimize the current flow. No avail. They did run the car on bottled Hydrogen drafted into the carb top showing it is possible, but the electrolysis was far too slow. Make it all ahead of time & store it, can be done. Make on-damand, nope.
    They tested 3 other "mileage improvement" wonders, all failures.
    They DID manage to run a diesel on used french fryer oil (filtered). Lost about 10% mileage in the Merc they used (33 to 30 mpg) but it ran fine.
    some people run two tanks. they start the car on diesel and preheat the oil. then you shut it down on diesel. there's something about the fatty acid in the oil that will take it's toll on the engine long term.

Flying Tiger
    Works best with a hot engine.
    Start and stop on bio diesel, and switch it over to the french fry oil inbetween.
    We have two 50 kw Hydrogen generators at my work.
    Astronomical cost to build and run.
    You can see one in action entering Union Train station, right side of tracks as you enter the platforms just before the county jail.
    They burn super clean,, but the cost, unpractical.
    The two jet engine units next to it are really reliable, but are expensive to purchase, and service.
    Amonia injection cleans up the exhaust.

NorCal Gameshow
    Works best with a hot engine.
    Start and stop on bio diesel, and switch it over to the french fry oil inbetween.
    We have two 50 kw Hydrogen generators at my work.
    Astronomical cost to build and run.
    Are they high pressure gas or liquid H2 ?

Tom Brown
    ...there's something about the fatty acid in the oil that will take it's toll on the engine long term.
    Eventually it will clog and then you need a fuel rail bypass.

ROZ
    Mythbusters destroyed it as a motor fuel method 2 nights ago (thurs). You can't manage to create the gas anywhere nearly as fast as the engine needs it. They folowed exacting plans from the internet of course, and even did some hi-tech tuning of it to optimize the current flow.
    Mythbusters...kidding, right? There are a few less complex myths they busted that really did happen.. Just because they couldn't recreate a process they found on the internet (likely less cmplex than this inventor's patented process) doesn't mean the findings don't hold water... High tech tuning? ha... I guess they should have brought this guy in Those guys are the jack of all trades but masters of none..lol

Cole Sanger
    I don't care if you have to do it before and fill your tank, that's what I have to do with gas or diesel now anyway. Except now I am at the mercy of the oil company's. Myth Busters: I would only listen to them if I had to learn how to blow up pants.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast