Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know anything about Taylor Tunnels?

Cheyenne372
    http://www.nmlegends.com/taylor.jpg
    http://www.nmlegends.com/taylorfront.jpg
    Here are a couple pics
    I live in Waco and this boat sat outside of a junk / salvage place over by the VA Hospital for about 4 years....that I can remember!
    If you want an "eyeball" view of it, let me know and I'll take a look at it for you.

taylormanss
    atxwrangler is right there is one,that comes to the texas boating events,the guy who owns it lives in norman, oklahoma his name is norman cox.We were told that his bought was a one off experimental taylor,that he found sitting in a field.It looks exactly like the white one,but the back is raised up at the back seat.norman's boat Is yellow.

bigblockbill
    I live in Waco and this boat sat outside of a junk / salvage place over by the VA Hospital for about 4 years....that I can remember!
    If you want an "eyeball" view of it, let me know and I'll take a look at it for you.
    Thanks Cheyenne but I think I am going to pass on this one and hold out for a light weight gull wing hull.

These guys are building Gullwings, and other tunnels.
    http://www.scorpionboats.com/
    mailto: scorpionboats@iowatelecom.net
    Sleek

Duane HTP
    You are right. The Oklahoma built boats were little dragsters. Supposed to be Small and quick. But Oscar Taylor didn't ever understand the drag boat concept, and built everything way too heavy. His tunnels weighed about 750 to 800 lbs each. Therefore they never would lay down a good ET.

Taylorman
    Hey, step right up. I've got a new yellow one coming in, in the next two or three weeks that is not sold yet. I can fix you right up. I also have a new 2006 Tom Papp Racing Stealth 19' Carbon Fiber hull in stock if anyone might be interested.
    If i could get past that one hurdle. I heard Texasjet wanted it.

taylormanss
    bigdaddyspeed.com is building a couple tunnels up in Oklahoma go to their website.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123