Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cole boats are pretty damn nice.

dmontzsta
    Me and the family went out to Elsinore today. There was a bitchen Cole TR2 or 3? The guy said it definately was not a TR1, but did not know if it was a 2 or 3. Well, he was having problems getting it to fire, so we loaned him some tools and pulled the plugs, they were shot. We watched his boat while he went to get new ones. He came back and dropped them in, that 468 13:5:1 injected motor fired right off. Then he cruised back to the cove with us and hung out for the good part of the morning, he gave me and my old man a ride. Wow, that boat is nice. I was shocked at how well it handled the Elsinore chop. With the plate down it goes through chop like no other flatty I have been in (2x better than my old heavy Lavey). I have also rode in many jet boats and it busted through chop much better than those. It honestly was a little more rough than the cruiser.
    I just wanted to say I really like these hulls now. I will definately add a Cole to my stable in the future. Here is a pic, sucker has a hole shot from hell. Really cool guy too, this is what boating is about, helping each other and having fun.
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/M...ats/LECole.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Me and the family went out to Elsinore today. There was a bitchen Cole TR2 or 3? The guy said it definately was not a TR1, but did not know if it was a 2 or 3. Well, he was having problems getting it to fire, so we loaned him some tools and pulled the plugs, they were shot. We watched his boat while he went to get new ones. He came back and dropped them in, that 468 13:5:1 injected motor fired right off. Then he cruised back to the cove with us and hung out for the good part of the morning, he gave me and my old man a ride. Wow, that boat is nice. I was shocked at how well it handled the Elsinore chop. With the plate down it goes through chop like no other flatty I have been in (2x better than my old heavy Lavey). I have also rode in many jet boats and it busted through chop much better than those. It honestly was a little more rough than the cruiser.
    I just wanted to say I really like these hulls now. I will definately add a Cole to my stable in the future. Here is a pic, sucker has a hole shot from hell. Really cool guy too, this is what boating is about, helping each other and having fun.
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/M...ats/LECole.jpg
    Cool boat! Looks like a tr-4 I think. Was the lake crowded? How green was the water?

ColeTR2
    I think tr4 also. I have never seen that boat, how long has the guy had it? looks nice.

dmontzsta
    Jerry: It was not that crowded at all, plenty of space left over. The only problem was the clueless folks driving around the dock/launch ramp as if they were lost, good thing for reverse, I would not attempt a holiday in a flatty.
    Mike: The guy said he bought it in 1996, he said it was an 88? The guy that had it before raced it the boat said "Little Thunder 456 or 457" on the bow. It was VERY nice, had the best of everything, except a life jacket and no handles. He lives in Chatsworth and said he rarely takes it out and only goes to Elsinore, which is why you might have never seen it.
    BTW: There was a good ole jet boat next to us, coming down the cranes side of the lake. He was full throttle, but this Cole would walk away and stop to let him catch up...it was great.

QuickJet
    Hey Don, I ran into your old Lavey out @ Parker this weekend. The kid who owns it was parked @ the AM/PM on the corner of 95 and 62. Guess he plans on putting a blown BBC in it (from what he tells me).
    Small world huh?

Daytona100
    Nice boat. I love that injection unit. Wonder how hard it would be to convert one to electronic fuel injection? That would look nasty sticking out the hatch.

dmontzsta
    Hey Don, I ran into your old Lavey out @ Parker this weekend. The kid who owns it was parked @ the AM/PM on the corner of 95 and 62. Guess he plans on putting a blown BBC in it (from what he tells me).
    Small world huh?
    Yeah, very small world. It seems everyone runs in to it. Did you tell him you knew the previous owner? I hope he doesnt try to put a ton of power in it, he might hurt himself.

GofastRacer
    that 468 13:5:1 injected motor fired right off.
    Of course it did, you expected anything different???.
    I just wanted to say I really like these hulls now. I will definately add a Cole to my stable in the future.
    Wait till you get the "B" boat on the water you won't have to bury the plate to run thru the shit!..
    http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/M...ats/LECole.jpg[/QUOTE]

GofastRacer
    Nice boat. I love that injection unit. Wonder how hard it would be to convert one to electronic fuel injection? That would look nasty sticking out the hatch.
    It's a piece of cake, Kinsler does it all the time, just bring $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dmontzsta
    Of course it did, you expected anything different???.
    Wait till you get the "B" boat on the water you won't have to bury the plate to run thru the shit!.. [/QUOTE]
    I cannot wait, I am in a dash now. I was doing some work on it yesterday. Bought a new optima for it, fixed my 9 position handle, took off the old rudder and got the new trailing rudder ready, cleaned the shit out of the floor. I just need to have the V-Drive gone through, have it geared to drive off the snout, new prop finish the motor and I am in there like swim wear.
    :rollside:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast