Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manufacturer recommendations for new 22' to 24' tunnel

Robbie Racer
    I have a buddy that is thinking of selling his 21' tunnel jet and getting a new stern drive tunnel hull in the 22' to 24' range. He's still checking to see if a 24' stern drive would fit in his garage. If not, he is pretty sure a 22' tunnel will fit. He would pull his 540" Merlin (normally aspirated with about 580 hp) out of the jet and put it in the new boat. One manufacturer has told him to expect triple digit speeds in their boat with 580 hp. I doubt this claim and would guess that 85 or so would be a more realistic number. What do you guys think? I suggested he take a look at Eliminator and DCB's 22' models and maybe the HTM 24' (if it will fit). What other manufacturers would you guys recommend that he take a good look at? Thank you, R/R

Boatmaster
    RR tell him to call me, I could set him up with a good price on a Mach 22 DCB. Drew 925-828-5775!!

Stoked
    Robbie Racer:
    I went for demos in all of them, I bought a Stoker 224. I couldn't be happier. Al built one for one of the guys at IMCO, with about 600HP if I remember correctly it ran 106mph. The Stoker is the fastest boat in it's class with comperable power. It turns hard, handles rough water well, and is very forgiving. Mine fits in my garage but I extended it 6 feet and have a swing away tongue. I would call all the builders and set up demo rides, you are going to be dropping some serious coin. After the demos the only choice left is picking colors.
    Godd Luck Steve

mike37
    with the HTM SS24 you may see trips
    but not with the SR24

Jrocket
    DCB!!

bigq
    I'm with Stoked! Go get the Stoker 224.

Robbie Racer
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    Boatmaster, I will give my buddy your number and suggest that he give you a call for a quote on the DCB. You will probably remember him, he was with us at Shasta over the 4th weekend.
    Stoked and bigq, thanks for the additional recommendation on the Stoker 224. I forgot about that boat. 106 mph with 600 hp is damn impressive.
    Mike, why is the SR 24 slower than the SS 24? I know the SR is "taller" for more cabin room. Is it also heavier?
    Thanks again, R/R

Duck
    I agree with the others on the Stoker or HTM if he goes to 24'. With 580hp I don't think more than 85-90 is possible. If you need more garage room get a swingaway tongue and save two feet.

TOBTEK
    I know of two nice MACH22's forsale. One with single outboard one with twin's.....sure he doesnt want a stap-on

mbrown2
    There is also a nice Mach 26 (Teague 800hp) in DCB's showroom if you want to step up...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast