Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2600 American Offshore

Jrocket
    Ive never ridden in one but got to walk around and check out the inside before.Seems to be a little dated looks wise and when I was walking around on the deck it was flexing alot.I couldnt stop thinking about how flexible the deck was,and im a small guy.The owner was a very large guy,so when he was joking about falling through the deck to me I didnt take it too seriously,thats until I started to walk out on it.Alot of flex,not too sure if thats a good thing or not.

FASTERDAMITT
    J, Mine does'nt flex but, I'm sure some are built to diff. specs. As for the interior yes I think they where more interested in function and comfort at 100mph than being more eye catching. If you hav'nt driven one you would be amazed how good the drivers layout and position is for rough conditions. Many of my friends cats have low back buckets, they have no place on a fast cat. Ask the guy who flew out of the 25 Daytona last weekend coming from Topock.

DogHouse
    FASTERDAMITT:
    ...Ask the guy who flew out of the 25 Daytona last weekend coming from Topock. WTF??? jawdrop
    I didn't hear about this story yet. Sure hope he's ok.
    -brian

FASTERDAMITT
    Runnin from the sandbar towards Havasui in a 25 Daytona at mid 90's. The driver backed off the throttle and nailed it again for some reason. Passinger in front was tossed over the seat and bounced off the rear deck into the water. Brused and dazed he managed to keep afloat and was picked up by the boat runnin behind them. He has a whole new prospective on life now. frown

Jrocket
    FASTERDAMITT:
    Runnin from the sandbar towards Havasui in a 25 Daytona at mid 90's. The driver backed off the throttle and nailed it again for some reason. Passinger in front was tossed over the seat and bounced off the rear deck into the water. Brused and dazed he managed to keep afloat and was picked up by the boat runnin behind them. He has a whole new prospective on life now. Thats got to have something to do with being drunk or just plain not paying attention I would think.
    I just couldtnt imagine all of the AO's being that flexible.It was very noticable to me and Im only at about 150-160lbs,soaking wet.Id bet theres different lay ups.

FASTERDAMITT
    BUCKLE-UP!
    The victom has had boats for a while. Although not in his own at this time. I was shocked for this to happen to him.

FASTERDAMITT
    Dave, Does his seats only go about up to the middle of your back? I think alot of them do.

Jrocket
    RiverDave:
    Jrocket, the driver or the passenger being drunk?
    I almost fell outta RiverLiver's Daytona one time when he was making a run.. (seriously)
    RD The guy that fell out.
    I take it,he wasnt paying attention or that he just took the ride for granit[sp?] that he was safe?When Im in a fast boat or any boat for that matter,I always try to keep an eye on whats going to happen next.
    Hopefully this guy is ok and nothing too serious came of this accident.

ZSARGO
    Jrocket:
    RiverDave:
    Jrocket, the driver or the passenger being drunk?
    I almost fell outta RiverLiver's Daytona one time when he was making a run.. (seriously)
    RD The guy that fell out.
    I take it,he wasnt paying attention or that he just took the ride for granit[sp?] that he was safe?When Im in a fast boat or any boat for that matter,I always try to keep an eye on whats going to happen next.
    Hopefully this guy is ok and nothing too serious
    came of this accident. ACTUALLY I WAS A LITTLE INTOXICATED, BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME FALLING OUT OF THE BOAT. WE HAD BEEN DRINKING FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS STRAIGHT AT TOPOK WITHOUT TAKING A TINKLE. WHEN WE CAME OUT OF THE RIVER PART HEADING BACK TO HAVASU MY BUDDY CAME OF THE THROTTLE AT ABOUT 104 ISH.WHEN HE BACKED OFF THE THROTTLE, I WAS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT HE WAS GOING TO SLOW DOWN. I WAS SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM AND GRABBED THE BACK OF HIS SEAT AND STOOD UP TO YELL IN HIS EAR. AT THE SAME TIME HE NAILED THE THROTTLE AND I TRIED TO SIT BACK DOWN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. UNFORTUNATELY I SAT ON THE WET ENGINE COVER AND STARTED TO SLIDE OUT. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD FOR SURE. LUCKILY I HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO PUSH MYSELF OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND LAND FLAT ON MY BACK. I MUST HAVE BACKBOARDED FOR 100 YARDS. THEN CAME A COUPLE OF END OVER END FLIPS. WHEN I FINALLY CAME TO A STOP, I COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS ALIVE NOT TO MENTION NOT KNOCKED OUT. MY SHORTS TORE ALL THE WAY DOWN ONE SIDE, BRUISES ALL DOWN MY BACK AND ASS, MY BODY WAS ON FIRE AND ALL MY HAIR FELT LIKE IT WAS STANDING ON END. SOMEONE WAS WATCHING OVER ME THAT DAY. MY WIFE AND I ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN SEPTEMBER AND I AM JUST GLAD I HAD A STROKE OF LUCK THAT DAY. PARTY ON WAYNE.
    [ July 19, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: ZSARGO ]

Jrocket
    ZSARGO:
    ACTUALLY I WAS A LITTLE INTOXICATED, BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME FALLING OUT OF THE BOAT. WE HAD BEEN DRINKING FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS STRAIGHT AT TOPOK WITHOUT TAKING A TINKLE. WHEN WE CAME OUT OF THE RIVER PART HEADING BACK TO HAVASU MY BUDDY CAME OF THE THROTTLE AT ABOUT 104 ISH.WHEN HE BACKED OFF THE THROTTLE, I WAS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT HE WAS GOING TO SLOW DOWN. I WAS SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM AND GRABBED THE BACK OF HIS SEAT AND STOOD UP TO YELL IN HIS EAR. AT THE SAME TIME HE NAILED THE THROTTLE AND I TRIED TO SIT BACK DOWN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. UNFORTUNATELY I SAT ON THE WET ENGINE COVER AND STARTED TO SLIDE OUT. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD FOR SURE. LUCKILY I HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO PUSH MYSELF OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND LAND FLAT ON MY BACK. I MUST HAVE BACKBOARDED FOR 100 YARDS. THEN CAME A COUPLE OF END OVER END FLIPS. WHEN I FINALLY CAME TO A STOP, I COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS ALIVE NOT TO MENTION NOT KNOCKED OUT. MY SHORTS TORE ALL THE WAY DOWN ONE SIDE, BRUISES ALL DOWN MY BACK AND ASS, MY BODY WAS ON FIRE AND ALL MY HAIR FELT LIKE IT WAS STANDING ON END. SOMEONE WAS WATCHING OVER ME THAT DAY. MY WIFE AND I ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN SEPTEMBER AND I AM JUST GLAD I HAD A STROKE OF LUCK THAT DAY. PARTY ON WAYNE. Unbelievable!! You are lucky.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast