Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2600 American Offshore

FASTERDAMITT
    Lester, I'm glad your ok! Give me a call Sunday.

bchbum
    I got to ride in mt buddies A.O. for the first time last sat. at Havasu .Damn I will be selling the jet later to buy a cat !This was the best riding boat I've ever rode in .
    I WANT ,IWANT ONE NOW .

Boozer
    ZSARGO:
    Jrocket:
    RiverDave:
    Jrocket, the driver or the passenger being drunk?
    I almost fell outta RiverLiver's Daytona one time when he was making a run.. (seriously)
    RD The guy that fell out.
    I take it,he wasnt paying attention or that he just took the ride for granit[sp?] that he was safe?When Im in a fast boat or any boat for that matter,I always try to keep an eye on whats going to happen next.
    Hopefully this guy is ok and nothing too serious
    came of this accident. ACTUALLY I WAS A LITTLE INTOXICATED, BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME FALLING OUT OF THE BOAT. WE HAD BEEN DRINKING FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS STRAIGHT AT TOPOK WITHOUT TAKING A TINKLE. WHEN WE CAME OUT OF THE RIVER PART HEADING BACK TO HAVASU MY BUDDY CAME OF THE THROTTLE AT ABOUT 104 ISH.WHEN HE BACKED OFF THE THROTTLE, I WAS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT HE WAS GOING TO SLOW DOWN. I WAS SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM AND GRABBED THE BACK OF HIS SEAT AND STOOD UP TO YELL IN HIS EAR. AT THE SAME TIME HE NAILED THE THROTTLE AND I TRIED TO SIT BACK DOWN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. UNFORTUNATELY I SAT ON THE WET ENGINE COVER AND STARTED TO SLIDE OUT. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD FOR SURE. LUCKILY I HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO PUSH MYSELF OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND LAND FLAT ON MY BACK. I MUST HAVE BACKBOARDED FOR 100 YARDS. THEN CAME A COUPLE OF END OVER END FLIPS. WHEN I FINALLY CAME TO A STOP, I COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS ALIVE NOT TO MENTION NOT KNOCKED OUT. MY SHORTS TORE ALL THE WAY DOWN ONE SIDE, BRUISES ALL DOWN MY BACK AND ASS, MY BODY WAS ON FIRE AND ALL MY HAIR FELT LIKE IT WAS STANDING ON END. SOMEONE WAS WATCHING OVER ME THAT DAY. MY WIFE AND I ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN SEPTEMBER AND I AM JUST GLAD I HAD A STROKE OF LUCK THAT DAY. PARTY ON WAYNE. Holy Shit!! I can't imagine what it would be like to go flying out of a boat at that speed. I had a similair experience some time back but involved me flying out of a moving car we were only going about 40 but man oh man does your body twist and turn and flip and roll when you fly out of car going 40 and asphault HURTS!!. Glad to hear your okay. I just cant imagine flying out going 90ish!!!!!

Skullinator
    is it me or does every one of these boats take a really long time to get on plane.i Have seen 3 different AO's which is a copy of my boat kinda,except my CG is 18+inches forward and my boat plane's great

Warlock28
    [/qb][/QUOTE]ACTUALLY I WAS A LITTLE INTOXICATED, BUT IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME FALLING OUT OF THE BOAT. WE HAD BEEN DRINKING FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS STRAIGHT AT TOPOK WITHOUT TAKING A TINKLE. WHEN WE CAME OUT OF THE RIVER PART HEADING BACK TO HAVASU MY BUDDY CAME OF THE THROTTLE AT ABOUT 104 ISH.WHEN HE BACKED OFF THE THROTTLE, I WAS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT HE WAS GOING TO SLOW DOWN. I WAS SITTING DIRECTLY BEHIND HIM AND GRABBED THE BACK OF HIS SEAT AND STOOD UP TO YELL IN HIS EAR. AT THE SAME TIME HE NAILED THE THROTTLE AND I TRIED TO SIT BACK DOWN AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. UNFORTUNATELY I SAT ON THE WET ENGINE COVER AND STARTED TO SLIDE OUT. I THOUGHT I WAS DEAD FOR SURE. LUCKILY I HAD ENOUGH SENSE TO PUSH MYSELF OFF THE BACK OF THE BOAT AND LAND FLAT ON MY BACK. I MUST HAVE BACKBOARDED FOR 100 YARDS. THEN CAME A COUPLE OF END OVER END FLIPS. WHEN I FINALLY CAME TO A STOP, I COULDN'T BELIEVE I WAS ALIVE NOT TO MENTION NOT KNOCKED OUT. MY SHORTS TORE ALL THE WAY DOWN ONE SIDE, BRUISES ALL DOWN MY BACK AND ASS, MY BODY WAS ON FIRE AND ALL MY HAIR FELT LIKE IT WAS STANDING ON END. SOMEONE WAS WATCHING OVER ME THAT DAY. MY WIFE AND I ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD IN SEPTEMBER AND I AM JUST GLAD I HAD A STROKE OF LUCK THAT DAY. PARTY ON WAYNE. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Man are you lucky!!!
    I guess GOD's not done with you yet!!

Liquid Life
    I havent heard too much about the AO 26. A friend swears by them (and wants one bad). Where are they manufactured? Are the older ones supposed to be better than the new ones, or what? It seems to me like everyone is happy with them.
    I want to check them out too.

FASTERDAMITT
    Skully,
    As for planning, maybe people are takin it easy on thier drives. If have two people mine will plane as fast as any cat, even with a 454, but I still don't hammer it. Load it with five fat azz's and it does take awhile. My original Bravo1 lasted 6 seasons with a blower motor by just careful throttle manners. And then, maybe x-dimenssion has a role here too.
    Liquid,
    I do love the A/O (Howard,Talon). What are the A/O's selling for new now? They were a hell of a bargain back when I bought mine.

Liquid Life
    FASTERDAMITT, I havent looked into what a new goes for. There was one local here in Phx. that seemed like a good deal, but has sold already. The more I hear about them, the more I want one too. Where are they manufactured?

fasteddie51
    I can help you out with AO's and deck boats too.... Just tell me what you want,when and where, and I'll get one built for you....

FASTERDAMITT
    FastEddie,
    Is that you? I've bought two boats from you and then you retired I guess. Maybe I paid too much! Just kiddin. It's good to hear your back in the scene. I think you should redesign the deck on the 31' A/O. I'm gonna need a new boat soon!! wink

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast