Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

COOPER
    I was hoping with the perfect pass, people riding in the back, wedge and ballast it would give out a decent wakeboard wake to have fun with. We aren't pro's at wakeboarding but it has to be better than what we have now by far and properly set up it should be good enough........shouldn't it?
    It will be okay and yes better than what you have but if i am spending 55K on a boat I want it to be more than just better. I do not board much but I threw a tower on the boat for my kids and they still have fun.

Coach
    Malibu is also coming out with a 20 VTX. It is a 20 V-drive to be like the response. I am sure it will use their diamond hull (ski hull) vs the wake hull. The Wakesetter XTI are also a nice fit for people who like to do it all.

1BADBAHNER
    So I did some research on the wakesetter and also found the sunsetter interesting. Now a debate came up about the centurion tornado..........this just keeps getting more complicated. I quess hardcore slalom is not really something I need and a combination of pleasure slalom as best/hard as I can do and wakeboarding is more what the family needs, I can always pick a sweet spot at whatever off the boat will give me and that will allow me to get some quality slalom time in and everyone else to have the comfort and wakeboard time they would like also. Sorry to keep changing my mind..we will be looking at the wakesetter and Lxi this weekend so this may clear some things up.
    How about the centurion tornado..........should it be considered??

Coach
    THE 2007 NEW MODELS FROM MALIBU
    Silver Limited Edition Response LXi
    Combining the World’s greatest 3-event towboat with one of the world’s most powerful and sought after engines is extraordinary by any standards but this is down right nasty. The Silver Edition Response LXi features the Corvette LS7 engine. A hand built masterpiece specifically built for the ZO6 Corvette now available only in a Malibu Silver Edition Response LXi. It features 525 ft. lbs. of torque and a whopping 500 horsepower! The Silver Edition Response LXi is also new featuring a redesigned hull that creates an entirely new standard in World Class Slalom wakes. The Silver Limited Edition is only available in the black & silver metallic design and will be limited to 100 boats. Additional Options including custom canvas & carpet saver may be added to the standard feature listing.
    The Standard Features:
    * Corvette LS7/MPI Engine (500 horsepower)
    * Metallic gel coat and custom graphics
    * New Sony Stereo w/4 Rockford Fosgate Speakers & Power Amplifier
    * Polished Stainless Exhaust
    * Polished Glove Box Door
    * Polished Pylon
    * Silver Edition Interior Emblems
    * Silver Edition Extreme Custom Trailer – ($4,200 Credit Option)
    * Silver Carpeting and Vinyl accents
    * Silver Edition Leather Jacket (Owner Packet Certificate)
    Silver Limited Edition Wakesetter VLX
    The World’s number one choice in Wakeboard boats is powered by the 400 horsepower Hammerhead 383. The Silver Edition Wake VLX is equipped for the most discriminating rider featuring a standard high output stereo system, custom Extreme trailer and exclusive Power Wedge. The Silver Edition Wake VLX is only available in the black & silver metallic design and will only be limited by production capacity. Additional Options including custom canvas & carpet saver may be added to the standard feature listing.
    The Standard Features:
    * Hammerhead 383/400 hp. Engine
    * Black & Metallic Silver Custom Graphics
    * Power Wedge
    * Sony Stereo w/8 Rockford Fosgate Speakers/Transom Remote/Rockford Fosgate Amp/Subwoofer
    * Polished Stainless Exhaust
    * Silver Edition Custom Extreme Trailer – ($4,200 Credit Option)
    * Silver Carpeting and Vinyl Accents
    * Polished Glove Box Door
    * Silver Edition Leather Jacket (Owner packet Certificate)
    All New Response LXi
    What company in their right mind would mess with a current World Record Slalom boat? Would tweak a boat that just dominated Mastercraft in the WaterSki Magazine Slalom Shootout? That company would be Malibu tasking their Chief Designer Dan Gasper to widen the canyon between the Response LXi and the rest of the field. The result is the highest performing and lowest wake machine in the business with extraordinary styling and comfort. The new Response LXi features the first frameless windshield for outstanding visibility and styling. The windshield side wings feature ventilation for controlling passenger comfort in the cabin.
    New Features:
    * New Vented Wing Frameless Windshield (Exclusive Malibu)
    * New SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
    * New Interior Design
    * New Medallion Gauges
    * New Polished Switch Panels
    * New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
    * New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
    All New Wakesetter 20VTX (Sunscape 20LSV)
    Two new boats. Two unique hulls. Two different disciplines. The Wakesetter 20VTX enters the 20’ V-drive market with one goal in mind. Dominate its niche. While others have compromised their hull designs and interior space the Wakesetter 20VTX makes no apology by saying it is a Rider’s boat. Built by riders and designed by riders to achieve the highest levels of performance and space available in the 20’ market. Equipped with the same performance and wake enhancing features as the Wakesetter VLX the VTX is pure adrenaline. For those families desiring greater versatility from their hull design Malibu features the option of choosing the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull on their Wakesetter VTX. This hull is the same design used on our 3-Event Response LXi for greater hull efficiency and lower wakes. The Sunscape 20LSV enters the Luxury Sport V market featuring the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull standard and an abundance of luxury for those needing the increased performance without sacrificing comfort. The Sunscape 20LSV and the Wakesetter 20VTX are great boats for those families desiring less boat, more performance and the need to eliminate the hassle of storage or tow capacities.
    New Features:
    * New Vented Wing Frameless Windshield (Exclusive Malibu)
    * Choice of Hulls –Wake or SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
    * New Medallion Gauges
    * New Polished Switch Panels
    * New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
    * Additional Optional Wakesetter Vinyl Graphics (Contemporary and Extreme)
    * Sunscape & Wakesetter Series Features New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
    * 3-Tank standard MLS ballast w/optional bow ballast
    All New Wakesetter 247 RX
    No matter what the conditions, you’re ready for more – and so is the new Wakesetter 247RX. Some boats are designed to be just different but the Wakesetter 247RX is both different and better in so many areas. The Wakesetter 247RX combines Malibu’s renowned performance aspects with an interior layout that provides more. More seating. More comfort. More versatility for your families needs. The weight distribution is perfect partly because of its direct drive design allowing for outstanding manners in rough chop and tighter handling performance on smaller lakes. The Wakesetter 247RX features two seating lounges so its big enough to give the kids their space without impeding on yours. The Wakesetter 247RX is a wake making machine due to its perfect weight distribution and ability to sit the hull deeper in the water for greater water displacement. The Wake 247RX is standard with the Hammerhead 383/400 hp engine from Indmar.
    New Features:
    * The only dual lounge seating arrangement in the water sports market.
    * (2) Tables, (2) Lounges, (2) Coolers
    * Features New Medallion Gauges
    * Features New Polished Switch Panels
    * Features New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
    * Standard with the Illusion X tower
    * 3-Tank MLS ballast system w/separate rear capacities (550 lbs. total) for offsetting passenger loads; Bow tank-400 lbs.
    * 16 person seating capacity
    * Above engine storage center
    * Rear recreational console
    2007 ENGINE LINE-UP
    Indmar will introduce Catalyst on the Monsoons eliminating emissions. Indmar will be the only engine supplier to introduce catalyst for 2007. There will be no power loss associated with the catalyst. Pump in tank will be standard across the board eliminating fuel pumps on the engines. There will be an 8.1L direct drive engine option for the 247RX.
    * Malibu 320 LCR/MPI Vortec
    * Malibu Monsoon 340 MPI
    * Malibu 383 Hammerhead 400 hp/MPI
    * Corvette LS7/500 hp. (Only available on the Silver Edition RLXi)
    * Malibu 8100 Vortec MPI/450 hp
    2007 MALIBU TOWERS & ACCESSORIES
    * The Illusion X will still be standard on all Malibu Wakesetter and Ride Series boats.
    * Titan Series III will be made available on the JIT program as an option.
    * Titan New Push Button Swivel Board Rack
    * New “hidden bungee” Composite Swivel Board Rack – Fundamental Industries (Awesome!)
    2007 STEREO NEW FEATURES AND OPTIONS
    * New Sony CD/Stereo/Downloadable
    * New Rockford Fosgate Punch Subwoofers
    * New Rockford Fosgate Power Amplifiers
    * New Rockford Fosgate Speakers

SUI-CY-COLE
    is malibu a splatter gun type production boat,no one addressed that yet...
    i prefer sanger.

Sane Asylum
    Hey.......Go easy on the Malibus...........I'm kindof sensitive ...
    Wonder where they'll price the silver anniversary edition? $75K. With that motor and that bling.........Gotta be close...
    Just ordered an 06' 23XTi Wakesetter. It's supposed to deliver June 14.
    340 Monsoon
    Power wedge
    Illusion tower
    Dual batts w/isolator
    Music - doing my own but did the base package
    Tower Bimini
    Custom Dash
    Progressive Gel/graphics (vs classic)
    Coupla pics from the factory..........
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...w_greatpic.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...sterntobow.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...entireboat.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77...dolly_best.jpg

Speedin' Ian
    bitchen boat!!

NautiTwins
    So I did some research on the wakesetter and also found the sunsetter interesting. Now a debate came up about the centurion tornado..........this just keeps getting more complicated. I quess hardcore slalom is not really something I need and a combination of pleasure slalom as best/hard as I can do and wakeboarding is more what the family needs, I can always pick a sweet spot at whatever off the boat will give me and that will allow me to get some quality slalom time in and everyone else to have the comfort and wakeboard time they would like also. Sorry to keep changing my mind..we will be looking at the wakesetter and Lxi this weekend so this may clear some things up.
    How about the centurion tornado..........should it be considered??
    You sound like my wife and I when we were looking for a ski boat. We bought the 99 Pro Air Nautique. The perfect crossover boat in my opinion. Decent wake for wake boarding and a really nice ski wake over 30mph. When you start to get into a boat that is 22 23 feet it is not going to have the nice ski wake that you desire. I have a buddy with a Malibu 22 V-Drive and the wake does not start to lay down until 35 and even then it is like hitting a mountain at full speed.

Sane Asylum
    You sound like my wife and I when we were looking for a ski boat. We bought the 99 Pro Air Nautique. The perfect crossover boat in my opinion. Decent wake for wake boarding and a really nice ski wake over 30mph. When you start to get into a boat that is 22 23 feet it is not going to have the nice ski wake that you desire. I have a buddy with a Malibu 22 V-Drive and the wake does not start to lay down until 35 and even then it is like hitting a mountain at full speed.
    True on really any V.....We chose the XTi after we tested four V's. Could not get the wake to ski with at any speed with the V.....The XTi was clearly our choice for a w'board and ski wake out of the same boat....
    We actually put some ballast in the center tank, ran it up to about 30mph and it actually helped smooth out the ski wake......Wakeboard wake was more than adequate with ballast full and the wedge down........
    Really boils down to what you're going to use the boat for......It's a good dual purpose boat for us.......

NautiTwins
    True on really any V.....We chose the XTi after we tested four V's. Could not get the wake to ski with at any speed with the V.....The XTi was clearly our choice for a w'board and ski wake out of the same boat....
    We actually put some ballast in the center tank, ran it up to about 30mph and it actually helped smooth out the ski wake......Wakeboard wake was more than adequate with ballast full and the wedge down........
    Really boils down to what you're going to use the boat for......It's a good dual purpose boat for us.......
    Never thought to run some ballast in the middle. Makes sense thats for sure.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast