Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

Sane Asylum
    Never thought to run some ballast in the middle. Makes sense thats for sure.
    The owner of the dealership showed me the trick......It actually changes the weight dist. and helps lift the stern of the boat......Not a lot but still changes it....It was very noticeable......

NautiTwins
    The owner of the dealership showed me the trick......It actually changes the weight dist. and helps lift the stern of the boat......Not a lot but still changes it....It was very noticeable......
    We try to get up to canyon a couple days during the week, after work. If you ever want to hook up, pm me and I will let you know next time we are out.

Coach
    For what is is worth. I demo'ed (sp) a few boats today. None of them are ski boats per se but either or take it for what is worth. I rode and drove Tige 24 Ve, Malibu 23 LSV and the MasterCraft X-30 today. The Malibu won hands down after the test drive. The Tige was a very nice ride but seemed to have a ton of freeboard and the fit and finish was not very good on the interior. Also the Tige just seemed to be missing the boat (no pun intended, but still funny) with the interior of their boat. If they had a deceicent interior I might be buying a Tige. The Mastercraft had a terrible left hand pull to the boat. They also had many grab handles in bad places that you would rest your back on. The X-30 also was sluggish and just didn't seem to have much pop. As for the Malibu it had it all. It was a great performer and had all the fit and finish in side. Overall it has confirmed my thoughts about Malibu.

Riomouse911
    It helps to have moveable ballast in the boats for several reasons. By placing weight in the front of the boat, it can lower the bow and raise the stern to change the wakes. By moving it from side to side it can tune the wake to each riders specs... I keep several bags of lead shot under the bow of my boat, as I like the effect it has on the wake (Makes the boat ride flatter to make my wake rounder and less peaky). With fillable ballast tanks, the weight can be moved (based on how full each side tank is) to accomodate odd-sized passengers (or a lack therof) or set up a large wall on one side or the other for wake surfing.
    In my old '91 Ski, I lined the undersides of the rear seats with plastic bags and made molds for 6 bags of concrete. I then used waveless-waterbed liner tubes for side ballast, along with the lead shot bags undere the bow. Boat drove like a pig, but the wake was massive and shaped perfectly through several days of trial and error...

1BADBAHNER
    Ok, went and looked at boats this weekend. Looked at the Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI and the supra sunsport 22V. I was really impressed with the Malibu quality but the 48K price tag seems a little high still having to add some more extra's that will probably bring the boat to about 52K which still is cheaper than the ski nautique with less options but they are pretty close, ski nautique no ballast, wakeboard features, etc. The supra has a adjustable back plate that can change the height of the rear of the boat changing the wake. We are going to be test driving them very soon, but does anyone have any experience with the supra brands and models. Oh and they were selling before they could even get the towers on them, and the moomba's were selling before they even got onto the show room floor. We didn't even look at those because the general manager was more impressed with the supra which was fully loaded, ballast, sterio amp sub, perfect pass, tower, etc. custom trailer with chrome wheel wells, 46K. So I think it has really boiled down to these two boats, Supra and Malibu.........

Sane Asylum
    Ok, went and look at boats this weekend. Looked at the Malibu wakesetter 23' XTI and the supra sunsport 22V. I was really impressed with the Malibu quality but the 48K price tag seems a little high still having to add some more extra's that will probably bring the boat to about 52K which still is cheaper than the ski nautique. The supra has a adjustable back plate that can change the height of the rear of the boat changing the wake. We are going to be test driving them very soon, but does anyone have any experience with the supra brands. Oh and they were selling before they could even get the towers on them, and the moomba's were selling before they even got onto the show room floor. We didn't even look at those because the general manager was more impressed with the supra which was fully loaded, ballast, sterio amp sub, perfect pass, tower, etc. custom trailer with chrome wheel wells 46K. So I think it has really boiled down to these two boats, Supra and Malibu.........
    Don't forget to consider resale in your decision.......I'm biased.....do the Malibu

1BADBAHNER
    Don't forget to consider resale in your decision.......I'm biased.....do the Malibu
    I know, and not only that they are pretty much on top for right now and I don't see them slipping for a while. My step son is totally sold on this boat now, and before didn't want to look at malibu.

1BADBAHNER
    Looks like it's down to these three boats:
    Supra sunsport 22V
    Air Nautique SV 211
    Malibu wakesetter 21XTI
    These seem to be the best cross over boats that I have looked at and now need to test drive and ski behind them to make a decision.

NautiTwins
    Looks like it's down to these three boats:
    Supra sunsport 22V
    Air Nautique SV 211
    Malibu wakesetter 21XTI
    These seem to be the best cross over boats that I have looked at and now need to test drive and ski behind them to make a decision.
    No question on what is the best boat in my opinion, for the price! The 211 hands down is one of the nicest boats out there. However, it does have one downside. The wake for skiing is going to be brutal, unless you are over 34 MPH. The fit and finish of that boat are amazing!
    To be honest and I am sure I will get some backing on this one, to put Malibu and Nautique in the same class as Supra is a joke. SUre you might get more bling on the Supra, but call me in a year when it all falls off and you have the boat in the shop more then you have it on the lake. LOL

SUI-CY-COLE
    No question on what is the best boat in my opinion, for the price! The 211 hands down is one of the nicest boats out there. However, it does have one downside. The wake for skiing is going to be brutal, unless you are over 34 MPH. The fit and finish of that boat are amazing!
    To be honest and I am sure I will get some backing on this one, to put Malibu and Nautique in the same class as Supra is a joke. SUre you might get more bling on the Supra, but call me in a year when it all falls off and you have the boat in the shop more then you have it on the lake. LOL
    im partial to sanger...but out of those three you picked....supra cant hold a candle to those 2.......malibu is nice......go test a sanger...you might be surprised.......and like someone else posted remember resale.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast