Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Best Ski/Wakeboard boat?

Riomouse911
    The SV211 is a really good boat, and I believe is the only V drive approved for waterski competition as well as wakeboard comps. You can't go wrong with the 211 IMO...

1BADBAHNER
    The SV211 is a really good boat, and I believe is the only V drive approved for waterski competition as well as wakeboard comps. You can't go wrong with the 211 IMO...
    Even over the Malibu wakesetter XTI 21' ?? After all the reviewing on hull design and weight distribution, I am thinking the the Malibu will have a smaller wake for skiing. It also has the power wedge, but the test drive should tell the overall story.

Coach
    If you have not seen the pics, here are some of the Malibu VTX a 20" V drive
    http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...pic=5693&st=80

1BADBAHNER
    It looks a lot like the LXV, is there a difference? I have seen that one in person, but have been told that the XTI would give me a better ski wake.

Coach
    http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1152568175
    From Malibu
    All New Wakesetter 20VTX (Sunscape 20LSV)
    Two new boats. Two unique hulls. Two different disciplines. The Wakesetter 20VTX enters the 20’ V-drive market with one goal in mind. Dominate its niche. While others have compromised their hull designs and interior space the Wakesetter 20VTX makes no apology by saying it is a Rider’s boat. Built by riders and designed by riders to achieve the highest levels of performance and space available in the 20’ market. Equipped with the same performance and wake enhancing features as the Wakesetter VLX the VTX is pure adrenaline. For those families desiring greater versatility from their hull design Malibu features the option of choosing the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull on their Wakesetter VTX. This hull is the same design used on our 3-Event Response LXi for greater hull efficiency and lower wakes. The Sunscape 20LSV enters the Luxury Sport V market featuring the SV23 “Cut” Diamond hull standard and an abundance of luxury for those needing the increased performance without sacrificing comfort. The Sunscape 20LSV and the Wakesetter 20VTX are great boats for those families desiring less boat, more performance and the need to eliminate the hassle of storage or tow capacities.
    New Features:
    * New Vented Wing Frameless Windshield (Exclusive Malibu)
    * Choice of Hulls –Wake or SV23 “Cut” Diamond Hull
    * New Medallion Gauges
    * New Polished Switch Panels
    * New Silver Anniversary Issotta Steering Wheel & Throttle Knob
    * Additional Optional Wakesetter Vinyl Graphics (Contemporary and Extreme)
    * Sunscape & Wakesetter Series Features New Stainless Steel Exterior Malibu Emblems
    * 3-Tank standard MLS ballast w/optional bow ballast

1BADBAHNER
    Coach:
    You really know your malibu's don't you. I'll ask my local dealer about this one and see what he says about it
    That is a lot of room for a 20'

Coach
    Coach:
    You really know your malibu's don't you. I'll ask my local dealer about this one and see what he says about it
    That is a lot of room for a 20'
    I am sold on Malibu and am going to make it my next boat. The www.themalibucrew.com web site has a ton of good info on it. I don't know much about the ski/wake boat, I will just end up boarding behind it. But I hear that the diamond cut hull is a great ski hull. All of the brands you have mentioned are very good. Good luck with your choice. BTW after test driving all of the boats my decision was clear as to what to buy.

Oilfield_trash
    My best advice is to take your time. Know what boat you want, and shop around for the best deal. I found a difference of 10 grand by going 100 miles away than my local shop.

1BADBAHNER
    That's exactly what I was going to do, narrow it down to the boat of choice but I also want to stay pretty close to where I'm going to live to also try and get good service when I need it. I'm not sure if you would get the same treatment if you brought your boat into a place that you didn't buy it from and $10K really seems to be a big difference for the same boat.
    Where did you buy your boat?
    Most MSRP's that I have seen are just about what the local dealers are asking, plus each dealer has their own add ons and upgrades that bring the price up slightly and know what most people around the area like to see on them. I have been dealing mostly with the G.M.'s of each dealership so I'm sure the sales commision is smaller than dealing with a sales rep. and when it comes down to making the deal, I'm sure I can work them down a bit.

1BADBAHNER
    I am sold on Malibu and am going to make it my next boat. The www.themalibucrew.com web site has a ton of good info on it. I don't know much about the ski/wake boat, I will just end up boarding behind it. But I hear that the diamond cut hull is a great ski hull. All of the brands you have mentioned are very good. Good luck with your choice. BTW after test driving all of the boats my decision was clear as to what to buy.
    Well I can tell you one thing, from seeing all of them up close and looking at just the gel coats. The Malibu has the smoothest and nicest shine, i'm not just basing that on my decision but the color lines are smoother and straighter looking than all the other brands I have looked at.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast