Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Marine Battery

NorCalCat
    What is the best marine battery? I know it should be a deep cycle, but what do you all recomend and where to buy?

NorCalCat
    If you're talking about strictly for starting, it couldn't matter less. Anything from a reputable company with enough cranking power to start your rig. I prefer maintenance free myself, due to the heat where we use the boat. Optimas blue tops are always a good choice.
    I was looking at that one, they have 3 different bleu tops. Which one? Will they fit in the Dana Billet battery case?

acatitude
    Im no battery expert, but I have one cranking battery and 1 deep cycle. I play the stereo on the deep cycle then switch to both to start after a long floating period.

DJ Sound Technique
    I have dual Optima blue tops and they work great.
    I played my system at moderate volume yesterday for almost 4 hours and still started the boat on that battery!

gmocnik
    topic should get varied comments. i experienced battery failure this weekend. sort of broke my "replace every two years regardless" philosophy. was using an interstate deep cycle and a west marine 100mca cranking battery (low end batteries) one died and took the other with it...a friend offered his odyssey as a temporary...this thing had some cranking power...
    they are pricey but i might have to spend the money and try the newer technology...

NorCalCat
    Dana part BB-020 will fit an Optima Blue Top D34M I BELIEVE.
    Do they have the treaded post for a wing nutt?
    What is the advantage to have a cranking battery if I have 3. 2 deep cycle and one cranking? Shouldn't 3 deep cycles be ample?

a catered life
    I have dual Optima blue tops and they work great.
    I played my system at moderate volume yesterday for almost 4 hours and still started the boat on that battery!
    blue tops do the job and costo has the best price and a awesome return system

Flying Tiger
    blue tops do the job and costo has the best price and a awesome return system
    There it is,, COSTCO for all our battery needs too.

gmocnik
    Be extremely careful with the charging, they are the most finicky battery I've ever used. Nothing will shorten the life of an Odyssey faster than charging it with the improper type of charger.
    thanks...expensive and finicky...no thanks..
    too many other things in my life with that description....
    looks like costco is getting the nod..

NorCalCat
    I can not find a Deepcycle to fit my current Dana box. I am running Interstates with 550 cold crank. All I can find is 500 cold crank. Should that be enough? I am running 3 total.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast