Thread: 24' OBESSION , TUNNEL

CAT MAN
    LOOKING FOR INFO ON 24'OBESSION,TUNNEL. FOUND ONE FOR SALE BUT FIRST TIME I SAW OR HERD OF ONE , IS OBESSION STILL AROUND,HOW CAN I CONTACT THEM.

mud duck
    Obsessions were built in Wisconsin. They are no longer in business. Most of their boats, I believe, were Eliminator splashes. Strong, well built, can be very fast with the right power. You see them for sale mostly around the Great Lakes states. I think they went out of business around 1996.

CAT MAN
    THE 24'OBESSION THAT I FOUND FOR SALE ,HAS A 502 WITH MERCRUSER BRAVO OUT DRIVE , WHITH 152 HOURS ON THE BOAT,ASKING PRICE $25,000.00 , ONLY PROBLEM ITS IN MICHIGAN AND IAM IN TEXAS!

HavasuDreamin'
    mud duck:
    Most of their boats, I believe, were Eliminator splashes. Most of their boats were more than just splashes. I know their 21' pickle fork tunnel was layed up in the Eliminator mold (older style 21' mold). Eliminator must have sold them the mold. My guess is the 24' tunnel looks strikingly similar to the late 80's/early 90's 24' Eliminator.
    Cat Man.........do you have any pictures you can post?

jlclon
    I currently own a 94' obsession with a 502 merc.
    Let me just say it performs like a striped assed ape, I could not ask for a more fun boat. Here are a few pics of it. Not the best pics but you can get a idea of what it looks like. As far as the $25,0000! I believe they are a little high. I purchased mine for $22,0000 with a 2 month warrenty that covered everything. And the boat is flawless.
    jake
    Click here
    http://www.geocities.com/jc7512003/ techie.html

HavasuDreamin'
    I couldn't tell for sure from the pictures, but it looks very similar to the old Eliminator 234 Edge boat. Those were nice boats.

25Elmn8r
    Looks like an Edge to me. Thor on Riverracerx would know for sure as that is what he has.

CAT MAN
    THANKS FOR THE INFO THE 24 OBESSION I FOUND IS A CAT TUNNEL BOAT HULL WHITH LEFT HAND DRIVE , THE OWNER IS GOING TO LET ME HAVE IT FOR $22000.00 ,AND SPLIT HAFE THE GAS TO GET IT HOME , NOT BAD DEAL , I HAVE SOME PIC'S IF CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST THEM . THE OWNER IS THE ORG. OWNER HE PAYED $5OOOO.OO WHEN NEW . IT HAS LESS THEN 100 HOURS ON IT. I CANT WAIT TO GET HOME. IAM LEAVING THE 6-12-03 TO GO GET IT !!!!!!

bigq
    HavasuDreamin':
    I couldn't tell for sure from the pictures, but it looks very similar to the old Eliminator 234 Edge boat. Those were nice boats. yep,yep... Extreame Marine off the 15 fwy in Norco has the mold now. Stop by to see it,same hull.
    The only difference I can see is the steering wheel mount with the raised fiberglass. On the old Eliminator you could put the steering on both sides, most I saw were on left side.
    Nice boats

bigq
    Just curious, is Obsession still in business. I went to boat trader and di a search and it pulled up some nice looking boats. A lot looked like other manufacture boats. Thought maybe they started out like DCB. Anyway I found this 25' cat that looks extreamly clean. If I could afford the insurance for a cat it looks like a clean ride.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/107obses25-med.jpg[/img]
    Here is the motor:
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/107obses25eng-med.jpg[/img]