Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the Bezer molds anyone building them??

flattie
    Just wondering if anyone has the molds to build one for me?

FlakeyDandruffKid
    Dave Rankin(Wildchild80) has the canary mold which the SS-80/SS-55/SS-70(canary Pride)/The new K-5 capsule ...PM him for more info

Kurtis500
    are these the molds that Steele Marine used to have? if not, whatever happened to those?

WannabeRacing
    Steele had the original biesemeyer molds.
    They were sold in the mess that went to Ed. Then off from there.
    Rankin has the Canary molds. That is a full width boat as well. Just a biesemeyer with a few more strakes and some massaging.
    As for the bezer molds, I have never seen them and have no idea.

dmontzsta
    I would go with a Canary, they seem to get the job done.

WannabeRacing
    Canarys are absolutely awesome. But not the only route.
    I seem to remember Lance's canary never really running quite as well as his old standard 78' biesemeyer.
    And for that matter, isn't there a Canary already rigged and ready to run ps/ss, on this board, just add engine for just over 10K?

FlakeyDandruffKid
    That is true Wannabe. Jeff Brochheuser is selling his SS/PS - 68 boat. This is a Great boat Very Fast. On a side note I am acutally Capturing the footage of the grudge race and SS-711/SS-501 crash as i type this..

boatguy222
    The true Ray Brown Bezer mold, I believe is still owned by Mr Jim Foster, in lake Havasu.
    I don't think that there has been a boat out of that mold since the early 90's. The most others molds above variations of orginal Biesemeyer mold.
    check your pm's

cowboybob
    Foster has the Bezer Molds.
    I talked to him last Year about purchasing them, spoke to Billy as well to get his thoughts.
    I was a little concerned because there are 2 other Bezer Molds floating around right now. 1 is in Canada (Trechovka's) the other I cannot remember who or where it is.
    Ron Bolton's passing brings to light the question of what might happen to the Kelron-Spitfire Mold, I know he popped at least 2 out in the last couple Years.
    d'Cucci has a Mold and out of everyone seemed the most motivated to build Boats.
    Hallett still has the Barron Sprint Mold, not all that interested in doing anything with it last time I spoke to them.
    Phil Bergeron has a Biesemeyer Mold I believe.
    What's interesting is that while doing the research on the Patent Issues associated with "intellectual properties" and Boats specifically, I recall a "Statute of Limitations" on Patents based on the "First Boat Produced" from a given design or Mold.
    Based on a guesstimate of 1996-1997 for the most recent Flatbottom designs or re-designs, that would mean that the 20 Year number is/will be passing and NONE of the designs are portected from "Splashing".
    Now, I am not an Attorney or Expert on this but I will say that based on what I found I was turned off by the thought of dropping 20K on a Mold and having someone splash a Boat that I popped out of it.
    Bottom Line is this:
    Mr. Foster was VERY informative and knowledgeable and seems pretty interested in selling his Mold. If someone was to buy it, you could probably make a few Bucks to support your Racing, not much more.
    As far as most of the other Builders, they really do not have much interest in doing anything with Flatties and the Molds are not For Sale.
    Pretty soon the "Old" Boats are going to be used up and someone's going to have to build some new ones.
    Who's it going to be?????????

schiada96
    Did anyone talk to Lee at Schiada, didn't he make a carbonfiber boat?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast