Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Build a K-Boat.

Sangster
    Well...If that's all there is to it......

dmontzsta
    Thanks Jerry, I will get started right now, probably be finished up in about an hour.

Snowboat
    Thanks Jerry. I enjoyed that one a lot. Do all K's have full length angle for rails, or do they fab up a U shaped channel? Is it a secret what kind of cams are in the K's? Out me down for a couple of River Rat vids. Let me know when to pay. Good luck on your boat.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Thanks Jerry. I enjoyed that one a lot. Do all K's have full length angle for rails, or do they fab up a U shaped channel? Is it a secret what kind of cams are in the K's? Out me down for a couple of River Rat vids. Let me know when to pay. Good luck on your boat.
    Hey Ken,
    Not all K's have full length rails (Billys boat doesn't). The are made from 2 pieces, the outer upside down L and inner plate. Cam choice varys from one engine builder to the next. You'll notice the fin brace they install, that is something you don't see too often.
    Vids should be done by the end of the week.

boatguy222
    Jerry,
    Do you know who made that Strut? Was something that Ray made? It's really neat idea!
    Thanks,
    Marc

Snowboat
    Thanks, Jerry. I assume there will be a notice on the boards. I'm going to brace the strut at both ends and the rear of the fins, similar to Sammons setup. Thanks for the info.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jerry,
    Do you know who made that Strut? Was something that Ray made? It's really neat idea!
    Thanks,
    Marc
    All I did was scan and post. I couldn't tell you anything about where they got stuff.

GofastRacer
    Ken, you use angle on one side and flat on the other not fabbed channel,(that wouldn't work due to discepencies in the strigers)some like to mill the angle to match the flat to make it look like it's completely boxed, personally I like the edge of the stringers exposed so I mill it back a bit(you seen mine)it don't effect structure!.. In a K boat I would extend it to to include the v-drive just to tie it all together, less stress on the stringers!....

GofastRacer
    Thanks, Jerry. I assume there will be a notice on the boards. I'm going to brace the strut at both ends and the rear of the fins, similar to Sammons setup. Thanks for the info.
    Hey Ken, send me a pic of your your strut block, you may be able to make one across the top, might save you some material and work???..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast