Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Insurance

25Elmn8r
    Tired of paying too much? After calling Buzz at PMA and getting an outrageous quote, I called my State Farm agent to see who he recommends. He made some calls and got me the right #'s. This is the same company that my agent uses for his boat/yacht. Now keep in mind my Daytona has a stock 502 MAG but the magic # I got was 1/2 the price I got from Buzz without the 6 month layup. If you are interested contact Janet Goldberg @ 949.675.4006
    And no this is not SPAM. I do not work for this company.
    DJ
    25Elmn8r aka Pit_o_Money

rustyk
    Damn, thats great i will try tomarrow.Buzz's told me they would not help me because my boat has no motor right now. and they said it had to be appraised in order to do it.Thats what i get for being honest i guess.Thanks for the tip i will let everyone know how it goes for me too.
    russ

bulldogdad
    i know i got some outrageous quotes when inquiring about insurance for a cat hull.Is there anway you can tell them it does 60 mph,put on a 13 in. pitch prop and take them for a ride,lol. my friend had to put his fountain in his mom's name just so he could insure it. this situation just gets worse every year

Havasu Cig
    Be very careful with State Farm. I had a policy with them on my last cat. After sending them pictures and telling them everything about the boat they gave me a quote of about $800.00 a year. It sounded to good to be true and we went ahead with the policy.
    About three months later we got a letter in the mail saying that they were cancelling our policy because "they don't insure cats". We were f@#$%ed because now we did not have insurance, and had cancelled our old policy.
    I know of at least one other person that State Farm did this to. It has been my experience that there is no cheap policy out there for a cat, especially if you are honest about hp and speed.

25Elmn8r
    Havasu Cig:
    Be very careful with State Farm. I had a policy with them on my last cat. After sending them pictures and telling them everything about the boat they gave me a quote of about $800.00 a year. It sounded to good to be true and we went ahead with the policy.
    About three months later we got a letter in the mail saying that they were cancelling our policy because "they don't insure cats". We were f@#$%ed because now we did not have insurance, and had cancelled our old policy.
    I know of at least one other person that State Farm did this to. It has been my experience that there is no cheap policy out there for a cat, especially if you are honest about hp and speed.Havasu, it is not with State Farm. The company is Beacon Insurance. I am going thru this mess because State Farm is dropping me.

Havasu Cig
    That is good to hear...It does not suprise me to hear about State Farm dropping you.

TOBTEK
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 25Elmn8r:
    [QB]Tired of paying too much? After calling Buzz at PMA and getting an outrageous quote, I called my State Farm agent to see who he recommends. He made some calls and got me the right #'s. This is the same company that my agent uses for his boat/yacht. Now keep in mind my Daytona has a stock 502 MAG but the magic # I got was 1/2 the price I got from Buzz without the 6 month layup. If you are interested contact Janet Goldberg @ 949.675.4006
    Just called this number for a quote on a DCB mach22 that im going to have built soon. Asked for janet, she was busy so the gave me TED....woow, he asked what kind of boat..I replyed a DCB "whats a DCB" a Daves Custom Boat "whats that?" you know like a eliminator daytona, picklefork/cat boat! "Oh we dont have carriers for that kind of boat"......hmmmmm ya think I should call back and get Janet?????

Havasu Cig
    Thats the problem, they will insure you and then find out what it is and drop you. Better to find out ahead of time instead of wasting time and money and then being canceled

25Elmn8r
    OK, Now I feel like an ass for posting this! After going thru all the paperwork with Janet for my insurance, asking her multiple times that she knows it is a cat, she tells me today that they don't insure cats. F%^&! Why is it so hard to get insurance for a cat without paying thru the nose? Buzz at PMA wants $1600 with a 6 month layup and a boating Resume with a minimum 3 years previous cat experience. This also excludes Mead and Powell. And to top it off it is only a 50k value. What the F$%^! Anybody want to buy a 25 Daytona? j/k
    D(Don't want to pay so much for insurance)J
    aka Pit_o_Money

25Elmn8r
    By the way, I called Eliminator to ask who they recommend I call for insurance. They gave me the name and number of a State Farm Agent who says she can insure it. Now what the hell is going on here? My State Farm agent says no and another one says yes. But the second one actually knows boats and says her underwriter will insure it. I don't know what is going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast