Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucker holding it down on 6th Street?

True, but there idea of racing is...well different than mine.

I love racing on the river as much as the next guy but there is a class for this stuff. Its beyond me why everyone doesnt bring their boats to the races for the measly $75.
    Its frustrating when you race guys at the riv and then by the time you get home the stories have been twisted so bad its ridiculous.
    There are no fish stories at the race track,it gets handled.

lilrick
    .....And my idea of racing is goin' round in a circle. I beat a boat that Is much faster than mine, by outdriving him!

Bense468

49er
    Shit 75$ can buy 10 gallons of race gas,a bag of ice, and a 30-pack
    I"ll take that over the drags any day. 6th street is just some old school
    street racing. you don't like it then stay up at losser lakes :yuk:

steelcomp
    I love racing on the river as much as the next guy but there is a class for this stuff. Its beyond me why everyone doesnt bring their boats to the races for the measly $75.
    Its frustrating when you race guys at the riv and then by the time you get home the stories have been twisted so bad its ridiculous.
    There are no fish stories at the race track,it gets handled.
    Its frustrating when you race guys at the riv and then by the time you get home the stories have been twisted so bad its ridiculous.That's not important.
    I come from an older school where we handled the "fish stories" ourselves, and didn't need a "sanctioning body" to back up our wins.
    You can't force a guy to race you at the track, but you can chase him down on the street (or river in this case) and once you find him, if he chickens out, especially after talking trash, well, that's worse than racing and losing.
    Cruising around and looking for races is half the fun. You're cruisin along and see a guy, and you only know what you see and hear. You have to decide. Can you take him? Only one way to find out. Some times you havta' filp a bitch and chase for a while, and if you're not sure, you keep checkin it out for a while. He knows you're there, too. Finally, you pull up, go side by side, and check things out a little closer. 'Course, you know that by now, you're stuck, and there's no backing out. There's a language, and you just threw down the challange. You look eachother in the eye and acknowledge...but you gotta watch where you're going. Heart's pounding a little faster now. Next light, or you just start to slow for a start...either way... and then...go for it. It dosen't take long to figure out who's who, either. Next light it's either smiles and thumbs up, or you try again. Either that, or the loser pulls up and turns off early 'cause he dosen't want to have to look you in the eye again.
    Ahhh, the good ol' days.

QuickJet
    That's not important.
    I come from an older school where we handled the "fish stories" ourselves, and didn't need a "sanctioning body" to back up our wins.
    You can't force a guy to race you at the track, but you can chase him down on the street (or river in this case) and once you find him, if he chickens out, especially after talking trash, well, that's worse than racing and losing.
    Cruising around and looking for races is half the fun. You're cruisin along and see a guy, and you only know what you see and hear. You have to decide. Can you take him? Only one way to find out. Some times you havta' filp a bitch and chase for a while, and if you're not sure, you keep checkin it out for a while. He knows you're there, too. Finally, you pull up, go side by side, and check things out a little closer. 'Course, you know that by now, you're stuck, and there's no backing out. There's a language, and you just threw down the challange. You look eachother in the eye and acknowledge...but you gotta watch where you're going. Heart's pounding a little faster now. Next light, or you just start to slow for a start...either way... and then...go for it. It dosen't take long to figure out who's who, either. Next light it's either smiles and thumbs up, or you try again. Either that, or the loser pulls up and turns off early 'cause he dosen't want to have to look you in the eye again.
    Ahhh, the good ol' days.
    Now that' what it's all about!!!

sdpm
    I'm sure glad that you guys have a rescue boat and crew there when your racing on the river. Let me guess, your probably not going fast enough to crash and if you do nobody will get hurt! Everythings great until someone gets hurt or even worse.
    PS-Chris(cs19) I know how your boat runs!! Think about it! I want to keep seeing you at the track!

asswoppen
    The way I see it cs19 if your gonna talk shit about river racing why is it last year you chased down danny at the avi??? If you feel the track is the place to be then stick to the track and quit talking shit to everyone that you can beat them because if I remember right the one time last year when you came down to 6th st you pussied out and ran away before you had the chance to prove yourself!!!!!! If your shit is so fast then why'd you run??? so come down to 6th st and IF you win I'll be the first to walk over and shake your hand and hand you a coors light!!!!

slowasscp
    Well hopefully whitey dosent call Norm Grimes and get the good tune up :argue: well i should have my junk out for the 4th http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...id=14243&stc=1

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast