Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: colorado jetboaters?

72wreidt72
    any ***boats in colorado its been a chore finding some people to boat/race with. :crossx:

h2oboy
    sorry bud, moved 8 months ago to where we can boat almost year round... had trouble finding any water in CO that liked jets with OT headers....

72wreidt72
    that seems to be the general thought, might have to rethink this move or get a better job to pay for the tickets! :crossx:

76starbuck
    The only places we been able to run with out being hasseled is in wyoming Glendo Res. or Gernsey Res. about 3 hours north of denver.

Hallett19
    I'm going to be moving to Denver, near or around the Parker area in the next year (more than likley) I have a mini day cruiser with through transoms, what good lakes are there around to boat on ? I drove by 1 when i was there last and it was probably 50ft low, looked terrible, there was not even a place to launch! It was up near Fort Collins I believe.

72wreidt72
    there is a res. called the chatfield res. that looks pretty good, it's not a huge place but I spoke with my friend out there and said that they would probably leave us alone, but then again I am young and usually have girls with me jet boats are not real popular out there, maybe we can change that :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

72wreidt72
    P.S. I am in the Castle Rock area (when I move)

76starbuck
    My experience at chatfield res. they told me to get off because i was too loud. The park rangers or who ever they were, followed me in from the entrance and watch me untill I unload the boat and started it. I will never go back! I have had luck running at Jackson Res. and I here Carter Lake near Fort Collins will let you run.

72wreidt72
    damn thats a drive oh well... do what you gotta do...thanks for the heads up, do they still harrass you if you have through transom headers? :crossx:

h2oboy
    My experience at chatfield res. they told me to get off because i was too loud. The park rangers or who ever they were, followed me in from the entrance and watch me untill I unload the boat and started it. I will never go back! I have had luck running at Jackson Res. and I here Carter Lake near Fort Collins will let you run.
    Had the same thing happen to me, but I have OT headers... Not sure what they would think of THull. I would look into driving some distance to have any fun. You would never be able to open it up for a long period of time on Chatfield. Plus the rangers really have nothing better to do than chase you down and put you back on the trailer... Drive to NM or WY and have some fun.... Besides it is a good excuse to boat for the whole weekend...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast