Thread: Exhaust hose...

T'Smokin
    do you any of guys know where I can get some exhaust that is flexible?? The drivers side log is a little higher some reason, so it makes it EXTREMELY difficult to put on that standard thick exhaust hose on. I wrestled with last year for a while and finally got it on, barely. Never felt really comfty with it because of the severe angle keeping it from sliding on all the way. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

centerhill condor
    well, welcome aboard. You may be able to pull the exhaust pipes out through the rear of the boat. That would make your job a slam dunk! That's how it works on the condor.
    I pulled the engine the other day and have decided to go back with hose/pipe/hose. that way I don't have to fight the hoses during the install.
    Best of luck!
    CC

TahitiTiger
    first are you using exhaust hose that has the wire in it? If so try Soft wall exhaust hose, I use it on my Tahiti, and it is semi flexible. Pretty much all the boat shops carry it, I get mine from Tom at Jet Boat Performance.

1968Droptop
    Can you use the blue hose for exhaust ? It's really expensive but looks trick, and will go well with the T-Bar spring clamps I'm going to use. I haven't got to the exhaust yet, but was wondering if the blue sfuff will work ? I do know it's way more flexable than the black wire hose.

scooooter7
    Be careful with the flexible exhaust hose. You don't want to put a bend in it that would reduce the inside diameter and restrict your flow.

T'Smokin
    I have the stiff stuff, it was like $20 per ft!! Yeah I don't want to crimp the inside at all! Maybe I can try to find some of that without the wire inside. I saw some actual ribbed flexible stuff somewhere on the web but can't remember, didn't have a price either..

ck7684
    Can I replace my mufflers with just hose?? I have the logs and the rubber mufflers. Would I gain anything??